I reached a new plateu!

sebby123

Apr 6, 2011
So i just wanted to thank the forum as a whole ive read for years and just joined about a week ago. I've been practicing on OLA's (goddamn guitar's) mixs for sometime and progressing with them. As of lately i have been experimenting with loads of new techniques and this is one of latest mixes of Ola's.
Ihope he doesnt mind me posting another thread about him but love all his work and his DI's are great to work with.

Guitars are Lepou and drums are loads of different stuff.

http://soundcloud.com/sebastianrizo/ola-mix-3

Please let me know what what you think its by far my best mix to date and im quite proud if it!

Thanks,
Sebastian Rizo

Sounds like the bass is hi-passed at like 700hz, there's like no low end there at all. Overheads sound washy and distant, guitars are very quiet and thin, they don't really leave much of an impression.

Sounds like the bass is hi-passed at like 700hz, there's like no low end there at all. Overheads sound washy and distant, guitars are very quiet and thin, they don't really leave much of an impression.

Thanks for the comments ill try making the mix thicker and raising the close cymbal mics vs the overheads.

Is it me or is there a tiny bit of level "side chain sort" compression going on during certain heavy parts. Overall nice mix Seb!! \m/

Is it me or is there a tiny bit of level "side chain sort" compression going on during certain heavy parts. Overall nice mix Seb!! m/

I think it might be the limiter? im using elephant but am going to try g clip asap as i see it recommended quite a bit
Thankss btw! are you referring to the newest mix or the OP?

I think it might be the limiter? im using elephant but am going to try g clip asap as i see it recommended quite a bit
Thankss btw! are you referring to the newest mix or the OP?

Alright cool. Maybe some minor tweaks on the limiter settings might do the trick. The limiting is not that drastic but only during certain parts, it kicks in causing the levels to "fluctuate" if that is the correct term to use. :Spin: Oh and I was referring to "Ola's mix 5" somehow the OP link didn't work for me.

You can check out my mix as well. Trying one of AdamWathan's mix.
http://db.tt/3z6WyZB
Trail and error. Learning from some of the experts here as well. :kickass: