I should've posted this yesterday (re: narconon/scientology)

Wow, that's frightening... I'm only halfway through the first article and I'm already angry and disgusted. If I didn't have so much work to do today I'd go into much more detail but basicly two sayings come to mind: The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and "wolves in sheep's clothing"...

Disinformation, brainwashing, manipulation... ugh. I'm pissed off.

Does no one realize there is such a thing as responsible drug use?? That drugs aren't bad in and of themselves? That excess is the only evil? That underlying "human" problems are at the root of MANY ills, including drug addiction?

I feel so alone...

Listen fuck-a-suck, that's what it conjured up in my mind, a'ight? I realize it's about Scientology's efforts to "pick'em while they're young" but it pisses me off even more that they're using the tired old "drugs are bad" approach to do it.

Scientologists are some of the most evil people I have ever seen. They almost completly destroyed my brother's life partner's psyche before he took charge and started doing research about it. Note that the said destruction did not happen knowing that the guy was a scientologist doing his thing. The guy was a consultant in "orgazinational planning" and singled out the poor girl and then proceed to completly destroy any self confidence she had, brainwashing her to believe everything was her fault and recommending "communication classes" that strangely enough were given by scientologist even though she didn't know about it until she got there...

Evil people I am telling you. John Travolta and Tom Cruise my ass, they are just there to show the good side of it, they got it easy...

basically, it's this cultish method for restructuring your mind in a way that's healthier and also much more profitable for the organization that showed you how to do it.

Scientology

Definition: "The study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, universes and other life. ... Knowing about knowing."

Benefits: "A Scientologist gains an understanding of himself spiritually, discovers his true potentials and recovers the certainty of his own immortality as a spiritual being."

BTW, saying that they are seperate entities is the way they do business. Scientologist work the businesses to recruit so it comes as no surprise that they try to do the same with schools, while they used the Narcocon front to legitimize the enterprise. Eventually I am sure they won't find anything to accuse them legally but will cede to pressure of parents and other organiztions to keep them out of the schools. They are very well organized and you can be sure everything was well thought out and nothing was likely to be threatning legally, and that is fucked.