I should've posted this yesterday (re: narconon/scientology)

Perhaps the creepiest moment from the time Mia and I interviewed the Scientology recruiter at the BSH was this mom and her little kid being shown the introductory film they show everyone (in a special viewing room)... and about halfway through, the little kid has to pee. The mom is like 'oh he has to pee, can we pause it and pick it up from where we left off when he's done peeing' and the scientologists say 'oh that's okay, we can just start itover from the beginning.' I mean at that point all suspicions about brainwashing oscillation patterns or subliminal procedure in the film were totally confirmed.

yeah i absolutely did, and i'm not joking at all when i say that for a good two weeks afterward at least, anytime i had some kind of issue the very first thing that entered my mind as a possible means of solving it was DIANETICS. The film basically was about a football player who gets paralyzed from the legs down and wills himself, through dianetics, to be unparalyzed. The film was trying to convey that ALL problems are in the mind and can be overcome as such, and claimed that there was really no such thing as mental disorders... that all mental 'disorders' exist only because the afflicted believe they exist, i.e. person x is only bipolar because when they were a child some evil adult (a psychiatrist) told them they were bipolar. This actually is a huge conspiracy devised by all psychiatrists everywhere to create mental disorders so they can prescribe drugs/medicate people as a means of total control.

minxn it'd probably piss you off big time, knowing your experience plus the audacious smugness of the ST; our jaws dropped when the recruiter authoritatively told mia that she wasn't really depressed.

i tend to not get angry (after dealing with a bunch of jehovah's for my entire life) rather i just tell them:
'eh i'm not smart enough to understand all this stuff' or i act really spaced out and take off.
either way, i mean... who knows the inherent cause of illnesses. but it certainly doesn't help someone to tell them that even the manifestation of their symptoms do not exist. that's so camus.

the technique i usually use is one i got from my coworker.

Mormon/Scientologist/etc: "Hello, can I talk to you for a moment about Jesus' message to the cowboys and Indians and/or how you are actually a clam?"

Me: "No, I..."

M/S (drawing alongside me): "I'll just walk with you so I don't keep you! You see, the Bible you know is not God only word and/or you have been lied to your entire life by villainous psychiatrists..."

Me: "I'm really not interested, but listen: if you ever try to escape and need a couch to crash on for a night, come back to this neighbourhood and find me, and I'll let you stay with me. Okay?"

(a moment of confusion and hope flashes across their face)

M/S: "O...O...K...uh....." (walks away)

omg i went to this scientology place and it really opened my eyes. they gave me a free personality test and it was called the oxford capacity test so geddit like the really clever person university!!! neways, so then they sed that i needed help bcos these were some of the strangest results theyve seen EVER and i was special!! they sed that if i was smart enoughf theyd let me come on this course but i cant eat 24 hours in advance!

here are my test results seriously u guies should take it here!!!!!!!!!1

here are my results!
ohnos.gif

i don't know if this guy details this in his book but i heard him on the radio this morning and apparently he went undercover at some scientology headquarters to try and get inside info on them but here is his book anyway:

1550225278.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg