I think its a shame that U.S. tour is an afterthought....

StocktontoMalone

The Cynical Realist
Dec 12, 2002
Tiverton, RI
Visit site
NO OFFENSE to our neighbors in Europe, and Asia, but why do they get first crack at a tour; while WE are an afterthought? Why do they get BONUS tracks? Can someone please explain this to me.... o_O

Guys? :Smug:

I will never get to see Enchant, Harem Scarem, Pretty Maids, or Lana Lane because most of these groups don't tour over here! :erk:

Pissed off in Rhode Island.... :yell:

I don't know how tours are arranged, but I guess it's got a lot to do with the record label?

Besides, it's quite difficult to cover all of the states - Enchant are touring Europe but people from Sweden aren't happy either.

And it's the same with other bands the other way around - it will take ages before I can see a band like Mastermind. Or even the biggies - Rush haven't been here in years. I'm going to London to see Nektar next week - originally an English band!

Bonus tracks - I didn't know the European release gets one and the US release doesn't. I thought it was only Japanese releases getting bonus tracks to rectify their stupid high prices. I object to different releases at all, by the way - collectors spend lots of money on many tracks doubled on all the releases.

Jerry

Afterthought? I don't read it that way. Enchant is a very emotive band and a down to earth bunch of friendly guys, and of course they want to satify their US fans. But, as Jerry pointed out, the US covers a LOT of territory and from a purely geographic density perspective there is a thicker fan base in Europe. For some reasons unbeknownst to me (well that's not entirely true - I know at least one reason, LOL! CC hell!) prog music has never attracted the hordes of fans here as it has in Europe. This isn't anything unique to Enchant. All prog - and basically all US metal - is similarly plagued.

Stretching the 'prog' just a bit (but surely covering the metal), consider another fave band of mine (well, 'ours', Stockton!), Savatage. I love to see them here in the states -- they play at small clubs with anywhere from 75 (yeah I was there two years ago in Boynton Beach) to 700-800 people there. They love it - and the crowd LOVES them. Then they go to Europe. The crowd loves them there too -- but it's more like 10,000 people showin' the love! Go figure! So, you say, "at least Savatage TOURS here!" And right you are....but, don't forget....where might the funding for their US tour come from? There IS really a Santa Claus for Savatage, LOL...and it is called Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I love them both so it works for me! But most prog bands don't have a spectacular platimum-selling, two company, cross country, SRO-tour-generating alter-ego group to finance the stuff they would really LOVE to do.

It's a great big country we Americans live in. And after all, it still is a music business. Enchant does more for their fans (here and in Europe) than most bands out there!

Finally, hold tight! I do believe Ed mentioned the distinct probability of a couple of warm-up gigs here in the US! AND a distinct possibility of a follow up US tour after they get back from Europe! :D !!!

Hey it's not an afterthought at all my friend.

If it doesn,t happen it is all about Business, hey Mare pretty much nailed it! There has to be enough interest in whatever area we would be fortunate enough to play? There are actually a lot of factors invloved. If the US tour does happen, and we really are still waiting to hear? I am pretty sure we would play the East Coast and mainly the Northeast with Spocks, and then come back this way.

So yes Hold Tight and don,t be pissed off in RI :) we shall see? and no offense taken at all! actually the SE is availiable here in the states as well. With the Bonus Track.

no offence dude but try living in a country like australia. We are very unfortunate and generally don't get any good gigs down here. Luckily this year Opeth came down and were amazing. In september we are getting Soilwork which should also be a great gig. But I would love to get some prog down here like DT, Enchant, Spock Beard etc. Or maybe some Harem Scarem (wishful thinking).

The sad fact is there really isn't enough people down here that follow that kind of music. Can't exactly blame the bands. A damn shame but not much we can do. :(

StratosFeaR said:
no offence dude but try living in a country like australia. We are very unfortunate and generally don't get any good gigs down here. Luckily this year Opeth came down and were amazing. In september we are getting Soilwork which should also be a great gig. But I would love to get some prog down here like DT, Enchant, Spock Beard etc. Or maybe some Harem Scarem (wishful thinking).

The sad fact is there really isn't enough people down here that follow that kind of music. Can't exactly blame the bands. A damn shame but not much we can do. :(

Hey StratosFear

I say an ad in the US for a $899 flight from LA to Sydney on Qantas. Thats a great price for an Australia flight. Dont know if it would be the same from Sydney to LA, and if you have the dough, but hey you could make a vacation into it when Enchant plays some West Coast shows. California is awesome to visit.

Just a thought,
Jim

--- Damn, I wish I had the dough to go down under. Thats definitely one of my goals.

jjmannford said:
Hey StratosFear

I say an ad in the US for a $899 flight from LA to Sydney on Qantas. Thats a great price for an Australia flight. Dont know if it would be the same from Sydney to LA, and if you have the dough, but hey you could make a vacation into it when Enchant plays some West Coast shows. California is awesome to visit.

Just a thought,
Jim

--- Damn, I wish I had the dough to go down under. Thats definitely one of my goals.

Yeah, $899 is cheap, I think I have that in my wallet right now! Its nice to dream.

jjmannford said:
Hey StratosFear

Just a thought,
Jim

unfortunetly it takes more than a day to take a trip down to the US and my work won't allow for that :(

But I definetly have a 3 month trip planned in the next year or so. Over to europe and then into the US. It will be planned around some of my favourite bands :)