I thought Frankie would've bobbed up somewhere by now

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
It's now been about 4 months since Frankie's departure from Anthrax became public and all the talk about him going to join Helmet seems to have happened.

I'm just surprised he hasn't bobbed up somewhere by now....... have I had my eyes and ears closed and missed anything about him???

Hard to say really. Franky was never really vocal ... in fact I can honestly say from all the vids I have seen of him down the years (from NFV to MMD) he is either crazy as hell or just whinging (I noticed how he always is picking on Rob in MMD? Not that I wanna start any bullshit rumours).

I think Franky was a very inward thinking kinda guy. Yes I do miss him though!

My ulimate franky moment `on NFV when he screams at Joey `You didnt' even wait to fuck up!' during I'm the Man'

That future is right now. On September 14, Interscope will release SIZE MATTERS, the first collection of new HELMET music in seven years. The album's title refers to, according to PAGE, "An obsession in {American} culture with higher, louder, bigger and faster. There are no rewards {or regard} for integrity and progressive thought anymore." HAMILTON has reactivated the HELMET name with a lineup including guitarist CHRIS TRAYNOR (Orange 9mm, Bush, Helmet), drummer JOHN TEMPESTA (Rob Zombie, Testament), and bassist FRANK BELLO (Anthrax). Recorded earlier this year and produced by HAMILTON with assistance from producer Jay Baumgardner and former Nine Inch Nails associate Charlie Clouser, SIZE MATTERS isn't necessarily a return to form. Rather, it's an expansion of the vocabulary that HAMILTON has built his reputation upon (minimalist crushing riffs, taut rhythmic propulsion, clusterbomb solos and seething lyrical invective) coexisting with a greater melodic sense.

Thanks Buddy for clearing that up, I was wondering why I wasn't diggin these 2 songs, I have heard the 1st song "Smart" and it is classic Helmet (With more melodies).....but now that I have read that explanation, I feel better. :Spin: