I was asked to mix a metal band.

my opinion as an amature engineer but a professional session musician : for metal - kick aint beefy and clicky enough, snare is lost in the mix, guitars sound muddy and too middy. boost your bass and treble and cut the mids a little. bass track is too high. vocals are good but i think they could do with some comp.

although thats just my opinion - best to get if off someone with more knowledge then me.

my opinion as an amature engineer but a professional session musician : for metal - kick aint beefy and clicky enough, snare is lost in the mix, guitars sound muddy and too middy. boost your bass and treble and cut the mids a little. bass track is too high. vocals are good but i think they could do with some comp.

although thats just my opinion - best to get if off someone with more knowledge then me.

Actually you are the MOST important. You're the listener.

aww - i feel all welcome now. thanks.

the only other thing i could say is if you have the di's from the guitars then you should re-amp them but do it through a real amp. try get a loan of a peavey 6505+ or a krank rev1 and set up a 57 in front of it. i would also say that you should wack a condenser mic far away in the room - it should nicely pick up the low tones and give you a nice big sound in the mix.

on the bass well i think maby a bit more eq on it and drop the mids slightly. (smily face eq) boost your snare and pan your "oh's" harder left and right.

good song , sounds very nice, i would like to hear more if your going to do more with the mix

Hm, I thought the guitars sounded really good. I may have over eq'ed them, though. They are through a real amp. Since I only had one track of each, I sent them each to a sent with Waves Super-Tap delayed as short as possible and panned hard to the correct side. Original tracks are panned 80/80.

Bass was DI and I copied it and on the second track ran it through Waves GTR3 to get some grit.

OH's are panned hard L and R. I guess they didn't record them too wide.

I'm going home to do more mixing tonight. I'll keep posting new versions as I get them.