I wonder if Glenn is aware of this

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Following a successful 2007 debut, the Indianapolis Metal Fest is returning this September 26 and 27 to prove itself as the Midwest's premiere metal festival.

The festival includes an assortment of headliner-status and personally-chosen unsigned artists, including three bands that will be making their U.S. debuts. Bands already confirmed are:

BLACK CHAPEL
BLEED THE SKY
DAYLIGHT DIES
DEMIRICOUS
DEW-SCENTED
DIVINE HERESY
EKOTREN
GIGAN
INTO ETERNITY
KITTIE
LEVEL-C
MUSTASCH***********
OBSZON GESCHOPF
PSYOPUS
SKELETONWITCH
THE ABSENCE
THE DESTRO
THE GATES OF SLUMBER
THREAT SIGNAL

In all, the festival will host 60 bands over the two days.

With an extensive background in the music business and live show promotion, promoter Rob Mason has modeled the Indianapolis Metal Fest to encompass all sub-genres of metal for a well-rounded and diverse lineup of bands.

"In addition to a great American lineup, we're bringing in bands from Sweden, Germany, France, South America, and Canada," Mason said. "MUSTASCH, for example, are huge in Europe. They recently won the Swedish equivalent of a Grammy award, and they're making their U.S. debut at Indianapolis Metal Fest."
Mason also remains committed to his original vision of shining the spotlight on the Indianapolis metal scene and the bands who grind it out in local venues every day.

"Even though the fest has increased in size, I'm very dedicated to the idea that IMF will be a catalyst to present opportunities to local and regional talent," he said. "A band we put on the stage at IMF last year was signed as a direct result of their performance. They weren't a local band, but the opportunity was there."

The show will take place at Madame Walker Theater, located at 617 Indiana Avenue in Indianapolis. Tickets go on sale Saturday, July 12 and cost $30 in advance/$40 at the door for a two-day admission. Tickets will be available through www.indianapolismetalfest.com and at select retails locations.

All tickets are general admission. Indianapolis Metal Fest II is an all-ages show.

Thanks for the answer, just didn't want it to be a surprise for all concerned cause it shocked the hell out of me.

I spoke with Glenn about it. They were free to book other shows surrounding the fest with Glenn's blessing, so all is cool.

Besides...

1. PPUSA is already sold out. It's not as if the other fest(s) will siphon fans away,

2. PPUSA is one-of-a-kind. Like the Highlander, there can be only one. :kickass: Our magic comes from Glenn, from the kick-ass PPUSA production crew, and from the buzz from bands all over the world who can't wait to play this fest. Oh, and I can't forget the fans -- some of the most passionate (and articulate) metal fans around.

That fest blows.
It takes more than just putting together 60 bands over 2 days.
The majority of those bands have played all the various small US fests a zillion times over the years.

I certainly wish the promoter well and all that jazz, as I do applaud anyone who takes the financial risk of doing a fest.

In this day and age where there is a metal gig every week in every major city, you really need to be providing something unique with your fest. Otherwise it is simply just another show with more bands (And the majority of the "more" being bands no one really wants to see).

As far as MUSTACHE goes, I agree with those above.
I am sure most of those midwesterners who go to PRog Power who have an interest in them wouldn't choose the Indy fest over PP.

Bleed the Sky and Daylight Dies do it for me, but I know they both will be on some tour by the end of the year or early next year. I can't wait to see both of them, because both of them have amazing releases this year, at least in my books.

Bleed the Sky and Daylight Dies do it for me, but I know they both will be on some tour by the end of the year or early next year. I can't wait to see both of them, because both of them have amazing releases this year, at least in my books.

Daylight Dies just got done touring with Candlemass.

I just hope that nothing happens like a missed flight, or cancelled flight. The way it seems Mustasch will play on Friday night in Indiana, and then fly to Atlanta on Saturday or maybe late friday night(doubtful), go from the airport to their hotel and play PP on Saturday night.

:kickass:I'll be honest, of all those bands listed for that other festival, I am only really familiar with Into Eternity, so I'm probably not missing too much, right? Besides, PPUSA IX has some of my favorite artists this year, as always. It will be cool to see Mustach, too.

That other festival doesn't have the likes of Iron Savior, Rob Rock, Iced Earth, and JOP this year, do they? I rest my case! Way to go, Glenn!

That other festival doesn't have the likes of Iron Savior, Rob Rock, Iced Earth, and JOP this year, do they? I rest my case! Way to go, Glenn!

True, though I seriously doubt the promoters of this fest consider themselves to be competition for Prog Power. Seems more of the Milwaukee Metalfest mentality of booking anything and everything in the hopes something will appeal to everyone. Though they are ten to twenty years too late.

Underground metal isn't even that underground anymore.
You can see most of those bands all the time.