Ibanez RG1527 7-String

DURBANS

Feb 2, 2005
Hello

I've come across an Ibanez RG 1527 7 stirng guitar, Prestige neck, Edge Pro trem, only color is Royal Blue.

I just wanted to know if this is a good, quality guitar. It costs around 900 bucks here in Peru, it's Japanese made and all.

I was told it was the top-of-the line 7 string range (of the NON signature models), I mean, top is the UNIVERSE, then the K7 (both are signature guitars), then it comes this one RG 1527 which is a Prestige model and finally a regular RG without a tremolo.

Well, I'm serioulsy considering buying it. What made me think weird was that in musiciansfriend.com or samash.com or music123.com I couldn't find this guitar, is it known in america? What's up with that?

Well you had the chance to play it or what? So why are you asking other people? You liked it, buy it! You didn't, don't. Simple as that.

Yes I tried it, I was trying to get some opinions other than mine, plus I prefer buying something that is known to be good.

Anymore opinions?

If you tried it, liked it and it's "know to be good", why would you even ask for someone else's opinion? Seems kinda pointless. If you like it, do it. Doesn't matter what other people think of it, does it?

Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral said:
I thought Durbans only used 6 stringers?

Six strings...gain on 6.... there's a pattern evolving. Maybe he'll push the gain to 7 now.

our vocalist bought the 7-string 1527 about a year ago. The pickups aren't worth anything, and that's the first thing u have to change. I got the job to tune and adjust it to our tune. I don't like the new edge pro trem on the ibanez guitars. Especially on these sevens, It just don't work. They don't stay in tune as good as the licence floyd roses they had before, and u have to make a lot more job to get it adjusted and tuned. The playing abilities are pretty good with this one, but in this price range (paid 800 euros in finland)... it's just not worth of it. I just tried few of the new 7s Schecters, and with those factory emg-81 pickups, they destroy!

Thanks for your replies. I really can't understand why is it that when I ask a simple question people just get angry at me :S

All I did was to ask how the 1527 guitar was, felt, quality, etc. Obviously I ask this knowing my appreciation of it, it's just that I like to buy quality products and not the first thing I like, okay?

Thanks anyway.

Oh I wanna try 7 strings since I wanna play in B having the extra high string (if I had a 6 string tuned to B).