ICED EARTH - Former Drummer BRENT SMEDLEY Returns To The Fold

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
From Bravewords...

ICED EARTH guitarist/founder Jon Schaffer has issued the following announcement:

"Hello Friends,

I just wanted to make a quick and exciting announcement that I think many of you will be very happy about. Brent Smedley is coming back to Iced Earth for the recording and touring of the Something Wicked saga Parts 1& 2, and beyond. For those of you not familiar you can hear Brent's amazing drumming on the Alive in Athens CD, which in my opinion is the best thing about the recording. I can tell you that on a personal level this makes me very happy. Brent left the band about seven years ago due to personal issues and I've missed him ever since. WELCOME BACK BROTHER!! The machine gun tight rhythm section is back!!!!

I wish Bobby Jarzombek the best of luck in his future endeavors, it was a pleasure jamming with him in the short time that we did.

Due to a personal situation Ernie Carletti will not be able to participate in band activities.

I will be making a significant announcement concerning the guitar and bass player positions very soon.

Also, the writing is going well and things are on track. I will post some details soon on www.icedearth.com. As challenging as this gigantic story is to tell in music, I have no doubt that it will be the pinnacle of Iced Earth's work thus far.

Take care all. More news is coming soon."

Jon Schaffer

Glad to hear things are coming together.
Maybe I missed a previous report from Jon.
The next tour is going to be Something Wicked (Part 1 and then the new album) performed in their entirety?

THe next albums are going to complete the Something Wicked trilogy. Supposedly he is gonna write/record it all at about the same time - then release them maybe 6 months apart - then I think they are goingt o tour for the combination - but that could be jsut me imposing my will on the band lol. Hope Jon gets some good people for the guitar & bass positions - he goes thru bandmates like Yngwie goes thru singers, but it's usually someoen good.

The Something Wicked preview for PP8 :)

jeff

To clear things up from above, Jon is recording the first part and then releasing it. Then he is recording the second part and hopefully releasing it about 6 months later followed by a "Metallica" size tour I think were his exact words.

Bryan316 said:
Not for me. I'm loving Owens in the band. I'm just waiting for him to prove himself to you all with this next album.

I am loving it too and I agree with you that he will be much better on the next album.