ICED EARTH - Former Drummer BRENT SMEDLEY Returns

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
"Hello Friends,

I just wanted to make a quick and exciting announcement that I think many of you will be very happy about. Brent Smedley is coming back to Iced Earth for the recording and touring of the Something Wicked saga Parts 1& 2, and beyond. For those of you not familiar you can hear Brent's amazing drumming on the Alive in Athens CD, which in my opinion is the best thing about the recording. I can tell you that on a personal level this makes me very happy. Brent left the band about seven years ago due to personal issues and I've missed him ever since. WELCOME BACK BROTHER!! The machine gun tight rhythm section is back!!!!

I wish Bobby Jarzombek the best of luck in his future endeavors, it was a pleasure jamming with him in the short time that we did.

Due to a personal situation Ernie Carletti will not be able to participate in band activities.

I will be making a significant announcement concerning the guitar and bass player positions very soon.

Also, the writing is going well and things are on track. I will post some details soon on icedearth.com. As challenging as this gigantic story is to tell in music, I have no doubt that it will be the pinnacle of Iced Earth's work thus far.

Take care all. More news is coming soon."

Jon Schaffer

I know Bobby is also with Mike Claschiak project, but I wish he returns to Riot.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/ICED EARTH Mainman Announces New Guitarist - Oct. 12, 2006 ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has sent the following announcement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"The new ICED EARTH guitar player is an absolutely fantastic player from the U.K. named Tim Mills. Tim is the owner/founder/visionary of Bare Knuckle Pickups, which is an incredible company providing state-of-the-art handwound pickups from England, which is how I met him. I highly recommend any and all serious players to check out his website and try a few of his pickups; they absolutely rule. The web address is www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk. As for his playing, it's awesome, very melodic, very tasty and he has great original ideas and songwriting abilities as well. He's here now and we're really inspiring each other and coming up with some great parts together. It's been a very long time since I've felt this kind of chemistry and I'm very psyched about it. It's an ingredient that's been missing for a very long time, so it should bring some very cool results.

"It's a good thing I always call Tim Owens 'T' — that will help with the 'two guys in the band named Tim' factor... ;-)

"There's more good news coming soon!"

Platinum Maze said:
ICED EARTH Mainman Announces New Guitarist - Oct. 12, 2006 ICED EARTH mainman Jon Schaffer has sent the following announcement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"The new ICED EARTH guitar player is an absolutely fantastic player from the U.K. named Tim Mills. Tim is the owner/founder/visionary of Bare Knuckle Pickups, which is an incredible company providing state-of-the-art handwound pickups from England, which is how I met him. I highly recommend any and all serious players to check out his website and try a few of his pickups; they absolutely rule. The web address is www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk. As for his playing, it's awesome, very melodic, very tasty and he has great original ideas and songwriting abilities as well. He's here now and we're really inspiring each other and coming up with some great parts together. It's been a very long time since I've felt this kind of chemistry and I'm very psyched about it. It's an ingredient that's been missing for a very long time, so it should bring some very cool results.

"It's a good thing I always call Tim Owens 'T' — that will help with the 'two guys in the band named Tim' factor... ;-)

"There's more good news coming soon!"

Hmm I hope he will be allowed to actually play some solo's! Most of the Iced Earth records hardly had any decent leads on them imho.

We'll have to wait and see...

Fangface said:
I wish he's busy with Halford :D ;)

Halford better concentrates in making a good JP album, something in the air tells me the next one is going to be dissapointing :erk:

sixxswine said:
I don't have too much faith in the next album.

Damn I was expecting some support to cheer me up :lol: Is all that buzz about the symphonic parts that is driving me nuts. What happened with old good metal a la 'Breaking The Law', 'The Sentinel' or 'Hell Patrol'?