Iced Earth Guitarist arrested

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
From Blabbermouth:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/ICED EARTH Guitarist Waives Extradition, Returns To Delaware To Face Rape Charges - Sep. 18, 2006 According to WDEL.com, ICED EARTH guitarist Ernie Carletti — who is accused of a 2003 rape in Newark, DE — is back in Delaware to face the charges against him.

Newark police say 31-year-old Carletti (mug shot, promotional photo) waived extradition Monday (Sept. 18).

He was wanted in connection with the rape of a 19-year-old University of Delaware student back in May of 2003.

Other charges against Carletti are kidnapping and weapons possession.

He's being held at the Howard Young Prison on a $355,000-dollar cash bond.

According to police, a University of Delaware student was waiting to meet a friend about 4:50 a.m. May 22, 2003, in the first block of S. Chapel St. near the Continental Court Apartments when she was abducted at gunpoint by a man.

The assailant blindfolded the woman and bound her before taking her to another location, where he sexually assaulted her, The News Journal reported on Sunday.

The victim was released across town, on West Main Street, hours later, Newark police spokesman Lt. Thomas LeMin said.

LeMin would not say what led detectives to identify Carletti as a suspect.

After detectives got the warrant, they alerted Cecil County (Md.) Sheriff's Office deputies, who obtained search warrants for Carletti's home.

ICED EARTH leader Jon Schaffer released the following statement exclusively to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding Ernie's arrest:

"Early this afternoon I learned of the situation concerning Ernie's arrest and the charges made against him. I am in complete shock and find it very hard to believe to be true. At this point I have to believe him innocent until proven guilty. I urge all others to remember that this is our way, the way of a free society. If at some point the facts prove otherwise then I will address it accordingly.

"I support our nation of laws and crimes against the innocent should not be tolerated, ever. Just as judging people without all the facts should never be accepted.

"When I have more concrete info about this situation I will post either through BLABBERMOUTH.NET or the ICED EARTH website."

it's curious that this happened in Deleware, where Tim Barlow's a cop...

I dont think he did it simply because if he would want to rape someone it would be more easy to rape a fan in his hotel and claim she was a groupie who wanted to blackmail him and cried rape when he didnt pay up.. a rock star or whatever you want to call him doesn't need a gun and kidnapping to rape someone.... perhaps the true rapist just happens to look like him and he didn't do it... IMO

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I dont think he did it simply because if he would want to rape someone it would be more easy to rape a fan in his hotel and claim she was a groupie who wanted to blackmail him and cried rape when he didnt pay up.. a rock star or whatever you want to call him doesn't need a gun and kidnapping to rape someone.... perhaps the true rapist just happens to look like him and he didn't do it... IMO
Oh, yes, he is SUCH a ROCKSTAR! :rolleyes:

Impudent said:
Oh, yes, he is SUCH a ROCKSTAR! :rolleyes:
I couldnt come up with a better word.... he's in a established band and because he is it made the news... so if you can come up with a better word then knock yourself out... :Smug:

a guitarist in a band that has numerous fans, in which a reasonable proportion could well possibly be women. heh.