ICED EARTH: Incorruptible

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
ICED EARTH TO RELEASE INCORRUPTIBLE ALBUM IN JUNE; TRACKLISTING REVEALED

"...Iced Earth will their new album, Incorruptible, in mid-June....In a recent interview with Metal Wani, Iced Earth guitarist/mastermind Jon Schaffer talked about the upcoming album, which earlier had the working title The Judas Goat. He talks about how Incorruptible is one of the very special records of Iced Earth’s career..."

ICED EARTH REVEAL FORMATS, LIMITED EDITION DETAILS FOR UPCOMING INCORRUPTIBLE ALBUM

"...Iced Earth have revealed more details for Incorruptible, their brand-new studio album that’s going to be released on June 16th...The first two new songs will be released on April 28th and April 29th... Pre-order at this location."

icedalbumapril.jpg

I honestly don't know what to think. My relationship with this band runs so hot and cold. I love all the 1st Barlow era stuff. I hated the Ripper era stuff, not just the vocals. When I heard Barlow was coming back I was through the moon, then the album they released was mediocre. They released Dystopia and I was on board again, it was such a great album. Then Plague of Babylon was a huge letdown.

Who knows which version of the band will show up on this new album?

This is an interesting album, and one that is far more consistent than much of IE's recent output over the past decade or so. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say it's their most consistently solid album since Something Wicked, at least insofar as there isn't a bad track (although Veil comes close with its homage to Loverboy).

However, it doesn't really hit the highs of IE at their best, or even on their recent albums. There is nothing here that is truly a classic IE song like Ten Thousand Strong or Dystopia, let alone on the level of Gettysburg or Dante's Inferno. There is plenty of good stuff such as Raven Wings and Ghost Dance, but even those songs don't even come close to IE at their best.

Before this album came out I thought it was a sure thing for album of the year for me then when I got it and listened to it, it was a let down. After a few more listens it is a great album but it feels like a let down because the four best songs were given away for free before it came out. Leaving just 5 songs and an instrumental track to be discovered after purchase.

My only "complaint" with it is that it feels like they are trying to recreate "Something Wicked" mixed with "Glorious Burden". The songs definitely sound a lot more like those albums than the recent output, which is not a bad thing at all, but it can come across as a little forced. I've only listened to it once straight through, but I really liked it. Granted, I didn't listed to anything before buying it, though, so wasn't let down when all the best songs had already been played....

I've only listened to the album a few times start to finish but I'm not disappointed yet. Whether that changes with time I don't know but I do really like Raven Wings and Clear The Way