Iced Earth - Live in Ancient Kourion

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
Anyone else listened to this? I've got it running on Spotify at the moment.

It's a really solid live album; I'm enjoying it even if I'm not as familiar with the songs as I might be.

The new singer (who's probably been around for ages, I'm not really following them) is great. All the best bits from Barlow and Owens rolled into one.

I've heard very little off him, but what I have heard I liked. I think he is as good as Jon could have hoped for as a new frontman, but I haven't gotten over Barlow leaving again enough to give them another go. I saw them on one of their final gigs with Barlow in 2011 and it was fucking amazing.

You should listen. When he started I thought Barlow had changed his mind and stayed, until he got to the high pitched falsetto bits. He's perfect for Iced Earth.

So after seeing them live a few weeks ago, I am now converted. Stu Block totally blew me away. Awesome live show, and the new album has some of the best material they have done since Something Wicked. I still haven't give the new live one a go yet, but I think he was a little stronger at the gig than he is on the album. I was pretty impressed, but then after giving Dystopia a proper spin I put Burnt Offerings on, and remembered just how good Barlow was/is. New guy is a perfect replacement, but you can't replace perfection!