Iced Earth...The Pride Of U.S. Metal...

• Thread starter King Purple Rainbow
  • Start date
Originally posted by IcedEarth725
i love iced earth. easy as that . but i must say, horror show was a real dissapointment. i dont even think of it as an iced earth album.

How about Wolf? Damien? Jack? Jeckyl and Hyde? Dracula? Phantom opera ghost? :eek:

If this is not Iced Earth, I don't want to know what real Iced Earth is ;)

horror show is definately my least favorite iced earth album, the S/T coming in close second, but i forgive that one, the reasons i dislike it are the production and vocals. horrow show just doesnt have any real stand out tunes that catch me like pretty much all the other albums are full of. damien is the song that comes to mind when i think of putting the disc in, undoubtedly an awesome epic, but when i look over my options, i usually put another cd in.

another thing about the album that kinda turns me off is the lyrics. they seem too confined and unoriginal. when i say unoriginal i mean that ive heard the stories before.

its not that i dont like newer IE, im really looking foward to the glorious burden, and wayyy more pumped for the next something wicked album! \m/

King Purple Rainbow said:
I can't say much about those bands. I've heard a little from Nevermore, Testament. And I'm sure the rest are equally impressive.

But do you think that those bands have a better shot than Iced Earth at making it big and being the biggest Heavy Metal band around?

Some say Iced Earth is repetitive. That Jon Schaffer is an egomaniac. This may be true.

But few can deny that they are a powerful band that should be a force in the Metal community. They should be the leaders.

Iced Earth are the biggest snoozefest to come along in the metal scene. Incredibly generic and overrated!! There are so many bands that are so much BETTER then IE ever will be!! Jag Panzer and Nevermore (who I'm not particularly crazy about either) both wipe the floor with Iced Earth, and bands like Ballistic, Testament and Pagan War Machine totally dominate......

If you're into overhyped bands, Iced Earth is the band for you, if not.....there are so many better bands out there.

i think blind guardian and iced earth are the most overated hunks of shit of all time.especially iced earth they play rehash (dont even try to argue that one!) and lets not forget to mention they are cocky fuckin assholes.
pride of american metal speak for yourself!i think they suck and im ashmed they claim america.as for blind guarian nah im not even going to start on that one.

Iced Earth is OK, personally I think Jag Panzer and Kamelot are much better. Mechanized Warfare blows away anything IE has done and Epica is a great release (IMO). There are other bands around that a lot of people don't know about including Katagory V, All To Human that are excellent as well.

tmo said:
i think blind guardian and iced earth are the most overated hunks of shit of all time.especially iced earth they play rehash (dont even try to argue that one!) and lets not forget to mention they are cocky fuckin assholes.
pride of american metal speak for yourself!i think they suck and im ashmed they claim america.as for blind guarian nah im not even going to start on that one.

What's Blind Guardian got to do with US METAL? THier German.

Well, I disagree. I think u should call Nevermore the Pride of US Metal cuz they are much better than Iced Earth. U cannnot compare Iced earth to Nevermore.

I think Iced Earth is the best thing US has to offer as for new Thrash Metal. And Blind Guardian is the Best Europe has to Offer. Of course that comming for a IE and BG fan
tongue.gif