Iced Earth

llamaking

A Souless Elegy
Sep 10, 2007
Best 3 Iced Earth Albums?

im looking to get some iced earth but i dont know what albums to get.

Just get the Alive in Athens 3 Disc, most of the material sounds better on it than the studio recordings.

Also,
Iced Earth
Night of the Stormrider
Burnt Offerings

Something Wicked, if you must...
But Iced Earth kinda sucks...if you want good power metal get:
The Metal Opera by Avantasia
Matters Of The Dark by Tad Morose
Crimson Thunder by Hammerfall
Sonic Firestorm by Dragonforce
Symphony of Enchanted Lands Part 2: The Dark Secret by Rhapsody (Now Rhapsody of Fire)
I've heard Angra are good, but never actually heard any. Also, some of Blind Guardian's stuff is damn good. Running Wild is awesome; retro German power metal, all about pirates! Edguy are good and have a great sense of humor. Manowar suck but are hilarious in the same way B-Movies are hilarious. There's tons of great power metal out there...Iced Earth isn't included.

the first two iced earth albums were more or less thrash. that's why they are the better ones. the rest do lean towards power metal, but id more comfortably label them as "traditional" metal.

Is their new album any good?
Hell no. The music is good, but as soon as Tim Owens begins to sing, it goes down the shitter. IMO, Owens is a weak replacement for Barlow

I'm just glad I didn't pay for the album

Just get the Alive in Athens 3 Disc, most of the material sounds better on it than the studio recordings.

Also,
Iced Earth
Night of the Stormrider
Burnt Offerings

I completely agree with this. and what the fuck with Something Wicked being their best album? Something Wicked doesn't even come close to the unbridled hatred oozing out of Burnt Offerings...that is just one pissed off fucking record.

Burnt Offerings would be my fave Iced Earth album. Every song is great and it includes the epic long Dantes Inferno!

Honestly... if you're looking to pick up a few albums, I seriously do support downloading

download every album, listen to one a week or sumn, ya know, enjoy it, play it a few times, and you'll decide based on having heard it all which you want to buy and you won't regret it or wonder if you're missing a better album... and there's nothing wrong with that (if it was Linkin Park you could just go down to HotTopic or whereever and play before you buy, there's no crime in what amounts to doing so from home (I think Amazon.com though, has 30 second clips (hardly enough, should be a minute really) of every song on every album they have for sale too, instead of p2p)

Since your looking for a good sampler of them, I would say get The Blessed and The Damned since it has mix of their songs.

Burnt Offerings
Something Wicked
Night of the Stormrider

Forgot to put albums...