Iced Earth

sufferer

Feb 18, 2002
St. Petersburg, FL
OK it was rumored before but we're confirmed now, we're opening for Iced Earth on April 24th. I gotta be honest I'm afraid we're going to get a bad reception, we're top dog here in central Florida but this is a whole new crowd. I'm afraid we're not "metal" enough, when we opened for Soulfly I know there were some negative comments about us on social media while we were playing because we had melody. I know I shouldn't worry about it but I do, it's still an honor to get to play with them. It's at the House Of Blues and I heard that when Sum 41 played there the opening local band was told that they had to pack up their gear and get out right after they played and weren't allowed backstage at all, even though they were playing:cry:So we're expecting that, anyway just thought I'd share I know there are some Iced Earth fans on here, everyone have a great weekend!:kickass:

Don't worry about negative comments, it's usually bullshit from closed minded assholes anyway. Jealous fucks who couldn't get a gig if their father owned the club. Everyone has an opinion, and that's fine. Don't let their opinion get in the way of you doing what you love. Have fun and just try to enjoy it for what it is.

What Mikey said Sufferer. Enjoy it mate, and congrats on landing this gig too! Good luck.

Thanks everyone! My band is called Born From Ashes from Orlando...I used to love Sum 41 too great stuff. I didn't see until today that Jon Dette is playing drums for Iced Earth now, he's the guy who filled in for Charlie! It's gonna be fun I'm also taking my real estate state exam that morning so if I pass it's gonna be a great day!:headbang: