I'd like to know...

Skaldir

formerly known as Unicorn
Nov 3, 2001
Germany
www.kalthallen.de
... when Unicorn got rid of the image with the clownes. You had this logo with the clownface and the bassist wore some pants that look like circus.
Was it after Collection of Worlds II and was it planned end with this, or just faded out somehow?

I mean it wouldn't have fit to the more "grown up" and less progressiv style you had later, but I'd like to know.

And who's Mr K.?

Unicorn had this think going that we should really be different. Our stageshows should be something that was different from the pathetic hardrock shows in our area. Per, the bassplayer was a bit of a goofball and liked to wear stupid things on stage. The pyamas is cool, he also did a gig in araincoat, I think..or maybe that was just a plan...The more involved I got in the death metal think the more the Unicorn thing died. There was quite a break for us after The Weirdest, we did one show (our final) with Per and I think there was a summer break or something, and once we got back together again we never called Per...and there Unicorn transformed into a studioproject and was like that til we died. We recorded the After Before demo and a few weeks after that Anders had a letter from Mellow Records and they wanted to relelase The Weirdest of Tales on CD just like it was..we said, hell no and asked if we could re-record some stuff...Mauro (mellow) insisted if we included Zoetrope and Liquefy..so we did....big mistake!!!! What a slaughter!! Anyway, I have gone round full circle and I can listen to that album again and see the whole picture. Second Sky is feeding off the emotions I get from hearing the CD versions of the demotracks on that album...

D