Maiden merchandise I'd like to see

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
There's been a lot of Maiden stuff out recently that, for reasons of apathy or expense, I haven't bothered with. Edward The Great and Rock In Rio are forgettable at best, and much as I'd like a copy of Eddie's Archive, I can't justify spending that amount of money on something I already own a third of (the B-sides).

What I would like to see is separate reissues of all the stuff in the box set, perhaps with a DVD of the Beast Over Hammersmith concert. While we're talking DVDs, I'd also like a complete set of Maiden video clips on a single disc with commentary from the band.

And wouldn't Edward The Great have been so much better if, instead of the usual singles and "hits", they'd released live versions of the same tracks, recorded during the corresponding tours? That'd be worth a listen :).

W

I wouldnt be surprised if the stuff in the box set gets rereleased seperately :)

A dvd with all the clips would be good, id like to see one with more behind the scenes stuff of them recording though, we have a million and one for the live stuff, but nothing like the Year And A Half In The Life Of... thing Metallica did.

I want a live album from the 7th Son tour as well :D

I want a pair of satin Eddie boxer shorts with a pic of the man on one side and the words 'Give me Ed till I'm Dead' on the other side. :D

Back to reality, I wouldn't be suprised if the discs in Eddie's Archive get a seperate release, but I actually hope they don't. I think Eddie's Archive was an awesome treat for big long time fans, and I just don't wanna see them cash in on it and release all the bits n pieces seperate. The same as I wouldn't want Metallica to release the Binge and Purge albums seperately.

As for a DVD with all the video clips, we were promised that about 2 years back, but I think they turned their attention to the RIR DVD instead, and have forgotten about it since. Oh well..

spawn said:
I want a live album from the 7th Son tour as well :D

There already is one, sort of - get the video/CD version of Maiden England. :) Not the whole show on CD (but then the video wasn't the whole show either).

Not good enough, I want a proper show! (I have Maiden England on dvd without themusic cd and its quite ok but not brilliant :) )