Idea for the lyrics of the new album-Chuck Billy's Native American Heritage

speed

Nov 19, 2001
Visit site
I was listening to Trail of Tears off Low the other day, and watched the new King of the Hill where Gribble went on a vision quest, and I was thinking Chucks Native American heritage has all the elements to make for some well written metal lyrics. I was thinking the album could be written in a epic storyline similar to Operation Mindcrime. America's treatment of Native Americans provides all the rage, sorrow, and angst that a metal lyricist could dream of. Even our current treatment of Native Americans is shameful. Just an idea to throw around.

I don't know about in the states, but in the frozen wastelands of Canada natives seem to have it pretty good. They don't pay any taxes and university/college stuff is all free (... to them; us non-natives have to pay their way). I do understand, since our ancestors pillaged their lands and raped their women and so on... but I haven't heard of any shameful treatment of natives around here.

I m not an Native AMerican or anything- but I did take a few classes on their history- and i remember that Canada out many of the Indians in Catholic schools and they were of course raped and abused, and I know they were not given any education other than how to sew etc. I also remember something about a big lawsuit over all of this- am i correct in any of these thoughts?

yes I must have left some words out of that sentence.- I have read though that the Canadian gov. even offered many of the eastern Indians a apology for the abuse etc.

Originally posted by speed
I was listening to Trail of Tears off Low the other day, and watched the new King of the Hill where Gribble went on a vision quest, and I was thinking Chucks Native American heritage has all the elements to make for some well written metal lyrics. I was thinking the album could be written in a epic storyline similar to Operation Mindcrime. America's treatment of Native Americans provides all the rage, sorrow, and angst that a metal lyricist could dream of. Even our current treatment of Native Americans is shameful. Just an idea to throw around.

first, i didn't know he was part Native American. cool!
second, yea, that would be cool!

It was gov policy to send Indian childern to Christian schools- for a good christian education- I think Im going to dig up my term paper for this-

Oh Stun- what is the favored hockey team in New brunswick?- I used to play hockey in high school just wondering