Idol metal

Ari Koivunen, the Finnish idol winner. Hes all metal and hes about to release his first album including a giant list of metal elites from Finland who helped write the music. What do you guys think?

I think that anyone who likes this band probably doesn't enjoy sex with women.

Stained Class, Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin and Hell Bent for Leather are all classics of the genre - the 80s crap is arena rock with bullet belts.

Seriously, the line between what people call 'metal' and what's actually plastic is starting to become fuzzy :lol:

In Finland this is sadly very true :(
In a smaller scale even before, but at least since the Eurovision and Idols victories metal has become truly "pop" here. You can hear "metal" everywhere, on daytime TV, at your workplace, radio, in some cases even at your grandparents' homes. Due to it's popularity the music industry has started to produce tons of plastic, overproduced pop metal for the masses, and it's becoming harder to find the real metal talents anymore.

Blah blah.

In Finland this is sadly very true :(
In a smaller scale even before, but at least since the Eurovision and Idols victories metal has become truly "pop" here. You can hear "metal" everywhere, on daytime TV, at your workplace, radio, in some cases even at your grandparents' homes. Due to it's popularity the music industry has started to produce tons of plastic, overproduced pop metal for the masses, and it's becoming harder to find the real metal talents anymore.

Blah blah.

wow, this is some serious stuff... metal is mainstream now?:erk:

wow, this is some serious stuff... metal is mainstream now?:erk:

I'd definitely say its becoming that way (again). And as much as I hate to say it, I think the (re)rise of Metal into the mainstream is more associated to the Emo movement than anything.

When it happened in the early 80s, it was more so because Metal was actually new at the time (god I can actually remember this, I'm not 21 anymore :cry: ), but now, with the popularity-driven world we live in, where whatever in the mainstream is anything but original, commercial Metal will be a diluted shadow of it's past commercial glory.