If Cliff Burton was still with metallica.....

I don't know, at the beginning Cliff was the more open-minded in the band, so I think that he would accept a change of style in the music direction......surely he would not accept all the rock-star style that Metallica have nowadays.....

NO!!!

One of 2 things would of happened, Cliff would of conformed to Lars and James new Metallica or he would of left to join or make his own Heavy Metal band.

I say this 'cause the 2 will over run the 1.

Metallica was great in their time, but even if they continued on the thrash path, they would pretty subpar by today's standards. Lars is a mediocre drummer at best, Hetfield's voice is cheesy, but I'll give Kirk can still shred. We're not missing anthing really.

I like it the way it is, all albums are pretty cool.

But I wish Cliff didn't die cause I bet he would have been mad.

Damn that bus for crashing... exactly a year after my birth too... bah...

I think Cliff would be pissed off.

I liked MOP, RTHL, and their heaviest was And Justice for All (I loved that one). I stopped listening to them after Black came out. I remember waiting for years for another album, then it was released, I got it, and while listening to it I thought "What the fuuuuuuuck?!?"

They were good for back then, but would be a sub-par metal in present day.

If John Bonham was still with Zepplin...
If Bon Scott was still with AC/DC...
If John Glasscock was still with Tull...
If Roger Patterson was still with Atheist...
If Randy Rhoads was still with Ozzy...
If Jimmy Hendrix was still with...uh...Jimmy Hendrix...

I've read in a article about Cliff that he wouldn't stay in Metallica for ever. He was always saying that his aim was to form a led bass band. I believe that afer the formation of this band the way of playing metal bass whouldn't be the same. What do you think?