If King Crimson comes to your town...

CliffEmAll

Mar 16, 2002
Charlotte, NC
www.metalprovider.com
:D Just got back from the opening night of K.C.'s "The power to believe" tour in Ashville,N.C. and all I have to say is: "Holy-Fuckin'-Shit!"
If you wanna know where bands like OPETH and TOOL get their chops from, then see this show at all cost!!!!!

:headbang: NP:King Crimson-Thrak :headbang:

I can't wait Im seeing them in SF on the 28th. As you can tell from my name Im a huge fan. I saw them last year and it was a great show. Glad to hear they're still doing good. How'd the new songs sound? Can't wait for the new album on Tuesday. BlackParagon, where were they 70 bucks at? Mine costed 45, which is still alot, considering it was 30 last time, but with KC its worth it.

crimsonfloyd said:
I can't wait Im seeing them in SF on the 28th. As you can tell from my name Im a huge fan. I saw them last year and it was a great show. Glad to hear they're still doing good. How'd the new songs sound? Can't wait for the new album on Tuesday. BlackParagon, where were they 70 bucks at? Mine costed 45, which is still alot, considering it was 30 last time, but with KC its worth it.

I was told by my friend who does all of the ticket reconnaisance for every show we go to that this one was $50, and with all of the service fees, etc.. it comes out to close to $70. Oh, and it's at the "grove".

I'd rather pay 70euro to see King Crimson live than pay 60 to see fuckin' Metallica dn Linkin Park :mad:

Please, please, PLEEEEEASE come to Ireland!!

Got the new album last week, it's fuckin' killer, a damn site better than Construkction Of Light, which was their worst album ever IMO.

She carries me
Through days of apathy
She watches over me
She saved my life
In a manner of speaking
When she gave me back
The power to believe :headbang:

The setlist....Nothing from the 70's or 80's, but still worth it!!!!
(in no particular order)

The ConstruKction of light
Into the frying pan
Larks' Tongues in Aspic-Part IV
ProzaKc Blues
The Worlds my Oyster soup Kitchen Floor wax Museum
VROOOM
Dinosaur
THRAK
Level Five
Eyes Wide Open
Elektrik
Facts of Life
Dangerous Curves
Happy with what you have to be happy with
Coda: I have a Dream

My only disappointment was they didn't cover the Greg Lake, Boz Burrell or John Wetton era's....But at least I only paid $25 a ticket.

NP: Flotsam and Jetsom- Unnatural Selection

Going with my Dad... for free \m/:). It sounds like its going to kick ass since I am a huge Tool/Opeth fan. I have not heard too much KC before, so i'll definitly have to hear more of it prior to the show (Toronto show on the 12th).

BTW, tickets only cost 35$ to 49$cdn i think. Why would they cost 70 for some places?

I'm going to see them in LA on the 29th with my girlfriend and my parents. Saw them in 2001 and they were incredible.

Demonspell said:
Awesome...looks like I'll be listening to TCOL heavily before picking up the new one (which I have heard the majority of and it is mindblowing, especially the instrumentals) the day before the show...
The new disc is availible at the show.
I picked it up along with a tour shirt for $55.
That disc has been on repeat for while!!!!

NP: Deep Purple-Burn :headbang:

From my seat eighteen rows away, I could not see Robert Fripp manuever his instrument as he was seated facing sideways for the entire show. But I could hear his mastery of controlled chaos just fine, and this was one of the most absorbing concert experiences I have had the pleasure of witnessing. The rest of the band put on blinding performances of course, roaring through the majority of the new album (six songs from it were played consecutively at one point) and about half of TCOL, the instrumentals formed with devastating precision and despite the fact that Adrian had been sidelined with the flu two days earlier, he didn't miss one step...all hail the Crimson King!