If you don't like Nefilim...

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
...you are not awesome.

Behemoth did a good cover of "Penetration" as well. Original kicks all ass, though.

Check out their first lineup, Fields of the Nephilim for great goth rock...not pansy goth rock, either.

Dawnrazor will always be a favorite album, as are any of their first few albums.

Haven't heard the Behemoth cover, really not interested either, but cool they choose to cover this band.

The vocals are almost identical, only a little more death-y. The tempo is sped up as well, but other than that it's a really, really good cover.

I may check it out. I pretty much avoid covers. And Behemoth (since they went death metal anyhow). But always nice to see another Fields of the Nephilim fan. :)

The wif has the '88 live reunion on VHS and I watched that one night because I had always heard of them but never listened. Immediately was blown away.

Top three goth rock:

1. The Cure

2. FOTN

3. The Cult

End.

Penetratinggg meeee Penetrating youuu

i love to listen to that cover weeeeee :headbang:

The wif has the '88 live reunion on VHS and I watched that one night because I had always heard of them but never listened. Immediately was blown away.

Top three goth rock:

1. The Cure

2. FOTN

3. The Cult

End.

List invalidated, lacking in Bauhaus.

kot.gif

List invalidated, lacking in Bauhaus.

I said NON-pansy goth rock.

Bauhaus, while legendary and great, are still pansy goth rock.

The Cure could be argued as pansy goth rock, but Standing on a Beach is anything but pansy.

"Standing on a beach with a gun in my hand...staring at the sun, staring at the sand..."

Sisters of Mercy are effing incredible, but it's pansy goth rock.

Söy;6388616 said:
Penetratinggg meeee Penetrating youuu

i love to listen to that cover weeeeee :headbang:

Awesome, innit? While their cover is heavier, I still feel that the guitar in the original is heavier.

The Cure not 100% pansy goth rock?! hahaha

That's right, keep on truckin' with your macho Cure lovin' self.

Anyway, topic at hand, FotN/Nefilim rules, 'nuff said.