if your nick was taken...

Thanatos

payaso
Oct 28, 2001
Hades
what if the nick you're actually using was taken when you registered in these forums? do you use different nicks elsewhere? I'm curious to know if you people use different nicknames , If Thanatos was taken when I registered in the forum I would've used some of the other nicks I use in icq/msn/other foums like Zyklon B, Bleak (this one depends on my mood), Visionaire (inspired on a Tiamat song) or El Cando (don't ask).

I have been online for a long time and I have never had problems with choosing nicks. Actually this is my second choice anyway, I was supposed to get Eclipse, but it was taken.

i have 2 commonly used nicks, this one and Xytras (you know, the drummer of Samael). however, X is used more often than i had thought, so i'm tending to use VC more lately

Yeah, I've used mine on the THEATRE OF TRAGEDY board....well back when they were cool, before they sold out....

....and on the doom-metal.com forum.....

....the metal maniacs board....

.....and a few others. This name follows me everywhere I go.

Hmm..I haven't seen anyone using my nick...So if you see it somewhere, it's more than likely me :p I don't have any other names, I used to have but I got bored to them, and they were silly...

I have never seen anyone using my nickname on other boards. Just only the yahoo e-mail address with my name is taken...

I used to have my real first name as a username a long time ago, stopped using boards, came back, and changed it to this. I use this name everywhere now (here, on the DMB bridge place, Neopets, e-mail, etc.).

I am the lady with the 1000 nicks ;)
(ok a bit less than that but you get the point :p)

But I am Siren on icq and on the UM irc server as well :)

I'm not posting on any other places than UM but I use this nick in Icq,MSN,IRC and.. that's it.
If I had to select another one I think I could do it but I haven't thought about what it would be... I like Qsilver enough.

astarte was actually my last resort seeing that metal-gurl, goth_babe, vamp-chick & DarkVampyricDominatrixCladInVelvet were already taken.

if it hadn't been available i would have Masokrist or Nekronun :p

@phyre: wooonderful! :lol:

i have different nicknames, they depend both on my daily mood and thoughts/interests i had when i used them for the first time.
here i'm rei toei, on icq i'm wintermute and on irc... well, i won't tell you, but someone christened me "the queen of the underscore" :Smug: :lol:

ok, i've registered a brand new nickname on the um irc server right now. in the channel there are only two silent people more, is it normal? :confused:

Yeap it is, i bet i can even guess their names :p
I would get in to join you my dear but i'm in a bad mood, sorry :(

When i registered here i was 100% sure there wouldn't be another melancholia... When i started using this nick (dec 98/Jan 99,somewhere around there anyway) I was the only one using this name on ICQ...and on some other chat i was going...
before the melancholia era i had used some other nickname for a small period....embarassing times :p

I use this nick everywhere....except on IRC where i use Vinterskygge,but i use IRC extremely rarely anyway

I've been FatherVic ever since I have memory....(yeah, I was born with a "fathervic" sticker on my forehead)

It's the first and one and only nickname I've had.....IRC, ICQ, Websites, Mail, wathever...

but I've had some diverts from the force due to some reasons...
when mode star wars on, I'm SkyPater
during a certain and closed period of my life I was PeDaCiToS
and then some FatherOUT and PaterAWAY variations....
another story is what I get named back, few ppl call me FatherVic as a whole except for my mom ;)

buuuuuuut if it had been taken....I would have used "here" MasterMelon or melon itself...