Igor Cavalera has left Sepultura

An Igor-less Sepultura deserves the finger....
flipping%20the%20bird-thumb.jpg

DarrellDethSDMF said:
Although I have a feeling they'll reunite with the Cavalera's in the future.
I really can't imagine it, with Igor's musical interests now and the fact that Max hasn't spoken to them since 1996.

Sepultura have been dead since Arise IMO anyway, this news means little to me. They lost it big time, even a return for Max wouldn't help - he cant write songs anymore either as his rubbish with Soulfly proves.

Stormwatch said:
Sepultura have been dead since Arise IMO anyway,
I don't understand this. Chaos A.D. and Roots are awesome records; just because they aren't "thrash" or whatever doesn't make them less so.

Drokk said:
I don't understand this. Chaos A.D. and Roots are awesome records; just because they aren't "thrash" or whatever doesn't make them less so.

Chaos A.D. was a masterpiece but Roots sounded like nu metal. Dante XXI was great though.

Consuming Impulse said:
Chaos A.D. was a masterpiece but Roots sounded like nu metal. Dante XXI was great though.
Like nu metal?! Sure, it's common knowledge that Max was heavily influenced by Korn's first record, but when I listen to Limp Bizkit, Korn, etc, and then Roots...whatever. I don't hear it, and I think hating Roots is just trendy TROOOO METAL!! bullshit.

Using the term "it sounds nu-metal" to rate something is about as lame as using the phrase "it sounds dated".

big shame igor is gone, doesnt seem like seps wthout a cavalera in the fold, i'll always go see them live tho as long as andreas is playing.....