Igor Cavalera has left Sepultura

It definetly is a blow to the band. I'd like to see them continue anyway because all the live shit I have seen of them with Roy was amazing and solid. I always felt like Igor was playing shit WAYYY to fast just to play fast live. Lets hope this new drummer is worthy

Consuming Impulse said:
but andress and derrick said thjey will not do a reunion

hahah what would derrick do, play bongos?!!?!? theres no way they do a split singer tour..........

to be honest i'd be more bummed if andreas left than the cavaleras, if max and igor came back and andreas left, i'd be less likely to go and see them play. kisser rules !!!!

ahhh cant we just have the seps line back proper........

lokey said:
hahah what would derrick do, play bongos?!!?!? theres no way they do a split singer tour..........

to be honest i'd be more bummed if andreas left than the cavaleras, if max and igor came back and andreas left, i'd be less likely to go and see them play. kisser rules !!!!

ahhh cant we just have the seps line back proper........

you gotta rememeber that kisser is not an orginal member.

Consuming Impulse said:
you gotta rememeber that kisser is not an orginal member.

of course i remember, but lets face it anything before schizophrenia doesnt really count, not in my eyes anyway......kisser completed the group from the moment he joined,....these days easily as much a part of sepultura as max igor and paulo......most people seem to think seps started at arise anyway

lokey said:
of course i remember, but lets face it anything before schizophrenia doesnt really count, not in my eyes anyway......kisser completed the group from the moment he joined,....these days easily as much a part of sepultura as max igor and paulo......most people seem to think seps started at arise anyway
Well, I don't; Beneath the Remains kicks ass. To me, Igor and Max are sort of the second Van Halen brothers of metal, the others being of course the Abbotts (Dime RIP). They founded Sepultura. How can the band continue without them? I think they should have changed their name after Max left.

Igor said in the new Blabbermouth interview that he would unquestionably play with his brother again. They should just start something new, to avoid the expectations and baggage of Sepultura.

damn right beneath the remains kicks ass, dont get me wrong i still love bestial devastation and morbid visions too (i mean, troops of doom fer starters !!) , i got into sepultura when arise came out, so andreas is, for me, as much as part of sepultura as the others, more so, i could listen to that guy solo all day. anyone remember when he toured with that metal contraption outside his arm after he broke it....badass !!!

but yeah it would be awesome to see the cavaleras back together, i hope it happens,..i have seen very a positive statement from andreas about it, so i guess it just depends what you read..........

but the plot thickens massively, instanty.........left for family reasons indeed:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cavalera Joins Forces With Necro » 16 Jun 06

Former Sepultura drummer Igor Cavalera has teamed up with Brooklyn 'death rapper' Necro in a new, as yet unnamed band. But the pair are plannning to record demos next month. The style is said to be old school thrash/death metal.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

going by this, i think the cavaleras will dfinitely end up playing again

Stormwatch said:
Sepultura have been dead since Arise IMO anyway, this news means little to me. They lost it big time, even a return for Max wouldn't help - he cant write songs anymore either as his rubbish with Soulfly proves.
I agree.

"I don't feel like doing another Sepultura album right now, especially without Igor. It's something that we're not even thinking about. Our attitude is really immediate — really to finish this stuff and really clear this from our life, and finish this and feel good about it, and then make the decision together and talk about it." - Andreas Kisser talks to blabbermouth.net"

ok , so either sepultura is now dead officially, or the rebirth is about to happen........

Maybe they'll do an Anthrax style reunion and only play stuff from "Beneath" and "Arise" with "Troops of Doom" thrown in for good measure. That'd be interesting.
That said, I saw them live on the Arise tour and it was pretty fucking boring. I can't even remember who the support act was I was so bored.

Stormwatch said:
Maybe they'll do an Anthrax style reunion and only play stuff from "Beneath" and "Arise" with "Troops of Doom" thrown in for good measure. That'd be interesting.
Even if they pulled an Anthrax, they've been so far removed from their old style that they couldn't pull off anything pre Chaos AD that'd be worth the $ to see 'em imo. Good idea for a better band though.

strik9 said:
Even if they pulled an Anthrax, they've been so far removed from their old style that they couldn't pull off anything pre Chaos AD that'd be worth the $ to see 'em imo. Good idea for a better band though.

Makes sense to me.