Igor Cavalera Quits Sepultura

Orklord

Metal Thrasing Mad
Jan 12, 2006
Assendelft, Netherlands
Drummer IGOR CAVALERA Quits SEPULTURA; ROY MAYORGA Steps In - Jan. 13, 2006

Drummer Igor Cavalera has left Brazilian thrashers SEPULTURA, BLABBERMOUTH.NET can exclusively reveal. Replacing Igor on the band's upcoming European trek will be none other than former SOULFLY skinsman Roy Mayorga.

Mayorga, who has yet to rehearse with SEPULTURA, spent quite a bit of time jamming with SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser in preparation for the recently released "Roadrunner United: The All-Star Sessions" CD and the subsequent Roadrunner 25th anniversary concert, which took place last month in New York City.

When asked if his stint with SEPULTURA will extend itself beyond the band's upcoming trek, Mayorga told BLABBERMOUTH.NET that it's too early to tell, but indicated that he hoped to "ride it out for as long as" possible.

At press time, there has been no official word on what Igor's future plans are. However, what is known is that he is currently awaiting the birth of his fourth child — his first with his new girlfriend following a split with his wife of 10 years, Monika, in 2004.

SEPULTURA's European tour with IN FLAMES is scheduled to kick off March 12 in Oslo, Norway. The band's new album, "Dante XXI" (featuring Cavalera), is scheduled for release in North America on March 14 via SPV USA.

OK, but...........

When the f#@k will they finally reunite with the classic line-up? :D

They used to be a seminal thrash/death metal band and now they're opening for In Flames in Europe...

Ok, touring with In Flames, thats not all that surprising in this day and age... But OPENING?! We have a problem here...

Maybe Soulfy and Sepultura are going to swing..err, swap drummers :lol:, or maybe it's going to be a unification of both bands: Sepulfly

In Flames is selling more cd's worldwide and the american Hardcore scene is
taking a liking to this band esp. fans of trivium. Plus constant touring in the
states incl. ozzfest last summer doesn't hurt either.

Fangface said:
OK, but...........

When the f#@k will they finally reunite with the classic line-up? :D

They used to be a seminal thrash/death metal band and now they're opening for In Flames in Europe...

In Flames blows.

Okay well Inflames does not blow. I have been die hard for MANY years now from Lunar Strain to Come Clarity and I think they are still amazing and the new album is fucking awesome. STYE and Rouroute were not as great no, but just because they sell alot of albums does not mean its all TRIVIUM fans. Oh and Hardcore sucks my balls and Inflames sounds nothing like hardcore.

IMHO the only good album Sepultura ever did was beneath the remains... killerrrrrr album, otherwise, nothing ever interested me about them...

In Flames, they put out many albums I like on the other hand... with Whoracle being my fav

sixxswine said:
I disagree about In Flames. I think they have gas in the tank and the new record is a nice mix of old and new...
Sepultura on the other hand, needs to be put to rest.

Yes, I admit many of their fans turned their backs on them.