Il Papa is dead

Bambi said:
he finally went off to his eternal reward, bless im. Remember kids without god's representative on earth to look after us, the world is a darker and more dangerous place. So until we get a new pope be extra wary of sin and protestants and that class of thing
do you mean this?
i really don't get people's reaction on this 'event'

i have some more respect for 'believers' since i went to poland this weekend (okey, it was just a few days ago, but i'm thinking aboutthis 'historical 'event' it a lot, cause i was really 'amazed-shocked-whatever...i.can't.find.the.word.' but i still don't get it.. (i noticed that religion is just something your papents and society tells you)
the thing i really don't get it that if you stand for something as 'believe in the people who are next to you', 'love your neighbour', believe in the greater good' and things like that, that you can be 'against' some human things like abortion, euthanasia, gays, condom-use, other religions, ..and whatever other thins relegions forbides..

i always was a die hard anti-believer, but recently i got more and more respect for it (if it ain't in a fanatic way) but i still think it can all be 'solved' if you change society no mather what relegion people believe in
ialso think relegion should be something for 'home' (for your own, you personal intrests) and not something for 'everybody', like politics, the comunity..

sorry bambi to use your thread for this argument

sorry for the weird sentences and words, but my english sucks if i talk about serrious toppics , i never can find the right words or expressions
my appologies