I'll be the first to say that a DD song made me...

replicated

Threadkiller
Nov 1, 2004
Bumfuck, MI 69666
cry. It happened once to me. Shit was going bad and I was bottling it up. sat in my car to contemplate, and started playing Unending Waves from Idle. I started weeping. That was powerful. The imagery used in the lyrics is heart wrenching and seem to be able to relate to anyone who has lost something as a result of their own actions. It is one of the saddest songs I have ever heard. Regret hurts. But in true DD fashion, you feel there is a sense of hope somewhere.

I've cried listening to no reply so many times,that I can no longer give it a spin without doing so :(

Sometimes listening to DD puts me in a serene mood. This seems especially true if I'm already upset, so perhaps its hearing the music itself and realizing the "peace in solitude" while driving alone in my car (its a 75 min drive to work) is what actually makes me feel more at peace.

Songs that strike an emotional chord would have to be solitary refinement, and a slow surrender, cathedral (especially the last minute of the song) and portrait in white.