2. The High Price Of Confidence
3. Knowledge Curse
4. Every Straight Lie
5. Dissonant Perspectives
6. Subjected
7. Introspection (Instrumental)
8. The Soul Feeder
9. The Last Show

ILLOGICIST are the newcomers to the technical and progressive death metal parade, and they definitely deserve to be at the front of the line. Yes, ILLOGICIST, play technical as all hell death metal, and they definitely pay homage to the pioneers in this field, i.e. DEATH, PESTILENCE, CYNIC, and so many others, and yet they still manage to make what they do interesting enough to keep it fresh and never sounds rehashed. They are indeed the new breed. If you have no idea what the hell I am talking about, do yourself a favor and go out to the store, no, run to the store and pick up these following albums: DEATH – Human, PESTILENCE – Testimony of the Ancients, and now add ILLOGICIST – Subjected to that list.Without trying to sound complete copycats of their apparent influences, ILLOGICIST manages to bring to the table some intricate and powerful new ideas to this genre. The members are aptly able to play their instruments to the best of their abilities, without ever sounding like a show off. The bass itself has some amazing melodies and techniques laced into the backbone of the music. Guitars are complicated, and complex, but never to the point where you get lost in the riffs. The drums are never overbearing or pompous, which is so easily done with this form of metal. He keeps the beat, and manages to throw in all types of intricacies without drowning out the rest of the band. If you get excited by technical death metal that is executed well, and retains all the amount of brutality, progressiveness, and inventiveness, consider yourself lucky to discover this band.

Rating:8.0 /10

Evil C

By the way, "Testimony of the Ancients"? Don't you mean "Spheres" perhaps...?
I think he means "Testimony of the Ancients". Illogicist (the albums i've listened) are not as jazz-y as "Spheres", they have strong metal riffs... just technical and non-conventional.

Oh yeah, Testimony is one of the greatest DM records of all time. It's just that when I see it listed next to Cynic, I get confused, since Focus is more jazzy like Spheres, heh.

Evil C. said:
Illogicist Subjected
Crash Music

Thanks a lot to this review! It's luca here, from illogicist. :headbang:
Talking about Pestilence...Testimony it's wonderul, but Spheres I thin Spheres it's a great album too, more progressive and innovative...only the sound it's not so good...guitar sound sucks! :erk: