Ilok2/ActiveX Problem

FIXXXER

¯\(°_o)/¯
Feb 18, 2008
Germany
i can't acess my ilok anymore, i get this error message.
i googled it and tried everything but it still doe snot work. any ideas?

The Active-X component that talks to your iLok was not initialized.

If your ilok.com client software was installed before June 4th, 2008, you need to update your client software by visiting this page to download a software update.

If you have updated your software, but there is currently a security warning at the top of your browser window from Internet Explorer that you need to click on the warning and let the Active-X component load. After clearing the warning, Try your ilok.com operation again.

cheers
S.

tried both, doesn't work for me.

i don't get it, it worked a few months ago and now i just can't acess/my ilok is not getting recognized.
i have installed the latest client/drivers btw.

Seems like some people had luck with using Firefox.
Also found this:

Open the Windows Firewall and allow "ilok Helper Client " "Key Management Service" Programs thorough the Firewall

The Key Management Service is most likely the cause, though I added "ilok Helper Client" as an extra measure.

the ilok Helper Client is located here "C:\Program files(x86)\PACE Anti-Piracy\iLok\ilokCom2.exe"

hope it helps

if it was only recently that it stopped working why don't you try rolling back your system a few days to where you know it was all working and see if that helps

if not, you can just restore the system back to where you are now with no problems but at least it might help you track down what may have changed over the last few days

@Unicorn
i enabled everything from PACE in my firewall but it still does not work. seems like it's an firefox problem, ok but why does it not wirk in IE also!?

i tried opera and it seems to work, i can log in and acess the site, the problem is, on the left side where usually the "FOUND ILOKS" image is shown i get a "your ilok.com software needs to be updated, pleaseinstall the latest bla bla."

problem is, i jus tinstalled the latest drivers and clinet...

@Skinny Wiking
it worked a few months ago, unfortunately i can't go that far back :(

maybe its an old iexplorer version? or maybe your active-x security stage is set too high? hard to say. but I also had that problem once and it connected to the browser I used.
glad you're a step closer atleast ;)
good luck

I had the exact same problem.

Logged on using IE 32-bit (instead of Firefox, Chrome or IE 64-bit) and it worked. Their site is held together by duct tape, and you need to use ancient software to access it successfully. If IE doesn't work, try the version 3 era of Firefox in 32-bit and see how you go.

@Unocord
i also enabled all active X stuff in IE 32bit but it still does not work, i'll try to get an older version of firefox.

@Ermz
i will try to get an older 3.xx version of firefox.
opera gives me acess bit it tells me that the drivers are not up to date, even i istalled the latest drivers jus tbefore i tried to download the licenses.

Yeah I had the exact same issues, depending on which browser I used. Some bypassed that 'synching up/active x error' message screen entirely, took me to my licenses and said my drivers weren't up to date. For me the issue was solely in the browser. Make sure you try every version of 32-bit browser you can get your hands on.

I hope you don't run ProTools btw. Switching my license from my ilok to my ilok 2 darn near made it totally shit itself. It was adamant that I had no license, and I had to do this retarded 'trick' where I'd insert the dongle just as it booted in order for it to be recognized. Hilarious, what a mess the whole authentication thing is.

yeah i had the exact same error messages.

i tried firefox 3 and IT WORKS!
omg how fucked up is this? PACE guys should make their sire work with never browser versions asap!

thanks for the hints, i'd never came up with the idea installing an older version of firefox to get this working :lol:

Congrats!
I have another ilok2 related problem that I hope you won't get.
Sometimes when I open a project an error message appears that no ilok could be found. I need to walk to the computer then remove the ilok and put it back in the usb slot. Then I can click ok and continue. Slate support said it just happens to some setups and forwarded me to the pace support.
Pace support gave me a really time consuming solution that could work, so I rather still re-plug it.

Congrats!
I have another ilok2 related problem that I hope you won't get.
Sometimes when I open a project an error message appears that no ilok could be found. I need to walk to the computer then remove the ilok and put it back in the usb slot. Then I can click ok and continue. Slate support said it just happens to some setups and forwarded me to the pace support.
Pace support gave me a really time consuming solution that could work, so I rather still re-plug it.

unfortunately i also know this one, happened often enough to me, especially when i visited the ilok site before :/

if it was only recently that it stopped working why don't you try rolling back your system a few days to where you know it was all working and see if that helps

if not, you can just restore the system back to where you are now with no problems but at least it might help you track down what may have changed over the last few days

+1

had the some problem and it's SOLVED! fucking iLOk!
sorry for resurrecting just trying to help anyone googling this problem

what you do? i have the same problem. i bought the steven trigger plugin and this its a nightmare. i used all the browsers