Im asking a favor, dear Metalheads

EternalEnemy

New Metal Member
Aug 2, 2004
Well, there is this thing that if you would like to bother helping me out with clicking a button once and getting nothing back, then i would appreaciate it. The thing is this:
There is this place nearby, and some band plays there every week end. You can vote for two bands per day, then they ban your IP after that and the next day you can again.
You know what? Its mostly shitty pop bands. I recently went to see COB there, but mostly its not metal that they play there. Thats just wrong. Can tou help me out? I would like you to vote for Ensiferum and Finntroll since they are likely to be able to come
One more thing. You cant propably vote for the same bands all the time or they might ignore your votes, so you can also vote for some other FINNISH METAL BAND, NOT FOREIGNER. Preferably one of the 50 bands shown below (most of them are not metal, so dont pick an unknown band since then you propably do a misfavor.)

Here is the link:
http://www.nivalanurheilijat.fi/?page=bvote&a=ei

Oh, and if you think its immoral for me to ask this, then let me tell you: THERES NOTHING BUT CRAPPY POP COMING FOR LIKE 6 WEEKS, AND AFTER THAT ITS PROPABLY MORE POP. So please, its not hard. Go to that link and vote, it is very simple and would be a great favor. Actually you would support the bands, since you would make me go and pay for them, and then you would support metal.
If you agree to help me, please reply to this thread.

Oh and please mods, dont lock it. Please. This does no one harm, does it?

I was going to post and tell you to fuck off - but I feel your pain, so I voted Fintroll and CoB for you. That list is fucking shit though. Metal? The Rasmus? Lostprophets? Shite more like.

Eh, who said The Rasmus or Lost Prophets would be metal? Yes, i know they have nothing to do with metal, thats why i said VOTE FOR METAL BANDS. That is not a metal list, just a music list that is lead by shitty music and very little metal.

Thanks, people. I really appreciate it. Because of you shitty pop bands that have been chosen by Idols tv-program and stuff will not get money from screaming 9-12 year old girls (Antti Tuisku is such), and hard working metal bands will be supported.

http://www.nivalanurheilijat.fi/?page=tuiskulaartistit&ots=Tuiskula / Nuorten bileet&a=ei

There you can see the forthcoming bands there. "Bändi ei vielä varma" means the band is not sure yet.

And i really appreciate it. I wish i could return the favor.

I strongly disagree with this method.

EternalEnema said:
Oh, and if you think its immoral for me to ask this, then let me tell you: THERES NOTHING BUT CRAPPY POP COMING FOR LIKE 6 WEEKS, AND AFTER THAT ITS PROPABLY MORE POP.

So what? Live metal is not a fucking right, it's a privilage. You wan't live metal in your area, you work at it yourself.

Decadent said:

So what? Live metal is not a fucking right, it's a privilage. You wan't live metal in your area, you work at it yourself.

Um, considering you can only vote once per person, and he's trying really hard on a metal forum to get one lousy show to pay a few lousy dollars to check out a few bands he likes, doesn't mean he's an idiot.

Decadent said:

...What? :err:

He is doing the best he can to get a decent metal show in his area. He is causing no harm in doing this either, while this method is not favourable; what harm is it causing eh?

Tell me, are you just pissed off because you have no live metal in your own area; and he might actually get some? You sound like you are coming from a selfish viewpoint.

Support metal, don't question it. :headbang:

(I voted Nightwish and COB)

EternalEnemy said:
And i really appreciate it. I wish i could return the favor.

You can. Join my forum! (links in my sig).
:)

And Decadent - You got to chill out a bit man. He's just harmlessly trying to get some live bands that he actually likes to play near him. Nothing wrong with that.

have a cry nick, just coz we dont get jackshit downunder doesnt mean we should be angry at people that have a chance to see these awesome bands.
Eternal Enemy, whatever it takes \m/

have a cry nick, just coz we dont get jackshit downunder doesnt mean we should be angry at people that have a chance to see these awesome bands.
Eternal Enemy, whatever it takes \m/

Why dont you move to Finland. Here is why:

http://www.nivalanurheilijat.fi/inc/tuiskulawanhat.html

Yes, most of that is awful crap. But my point is this: the hall they play in is smaller than our schools gym-hall, and
-Impaled Nazarene has played there
-Nightwish has
-COB has four times (i think)
-Stratovarius has
etc etc..I think the only reason why Finntroll, for example, hasnt is that they didnt get enough votes. And the reason for this is tht the people going there are 12-20, or 13-20. But when a good band comes, then it gets filled by older people.

The gig that COB played there was pretty amazing, by the way. Everyone said that they think the tracklist was better than the one on Tokyo Warhearts. They played for about 90 minutes, i think.
Oh, and i was watching it in front. I almost shaked hands with some member (at least Alexi and Roope, maybe Henkka too. Still they shaked hands with everyone but me...)
Im telling you guys, come to Finland.