I'm back, and I'm lucky to be alive, seriousley

maidenman

United We Stand
Apr 16, 2001
West Palm Beach, FL
hometown.aol.com
Hello gang, I'm a tad bit emotional now so bear with me...

First the move. Everything went well in that area, we worked all weekend and got all of our stuff in and the bank shit actually went pretty smooth.

Now the bad shit. Monday afternoon we had just finished moving the last big peice of furntiure in to the house. I grabed a cold slice of pizzia, a quck shower and I was off to band practice.

It was a really shitty day out, Lots of rain. I was just about one mile from our warhouse and I hit a curve in the road and a big puddle of water at just the right angle. my truck started go go into a skid so I took my fott of the gas ans just tryed to corrected it. It was no good I went into a full blown skid my truck hit the median in the middle of the road and I flipped 3 times. When I came to a stop I was completley in the other lane.

Thank god the was a break in the traffic cause if there had been another car there it wouild have been much much worse.
Other than my face being all cut up from the glass
and some brusing from the seat belt.....I'm ok.

the Police and the rescuse guys had to cut me out of the truck and they couldnt beleive that I was OK, I spent the night in hte hospital and now I'm home.

I should be playing again in about a week so it'll give you guys a chance to catch up on your parts:)

This was the scarriest thing that's ever happend to me. Guys for real.......make sure you be carefull out there, make sure everyone knows how much you love 'em, your parents, wife, kids, girlfriend, your dog ..whoever. cause you never know when it's gonna be over. Thank God this wasnt my time:)

I'm getting the pics developed today and I'll post em. You guys are gonna shit when you see my truck.

Hey EC......I Hope everything went good with you guys and the house, I was thinking of you guys:)

I've been in two myself. Probably not as bad as yours (from the sound of it)...I've always been able to get out on my own and walk away. My wife was in one where she went throught the car windshield and landed on the pavement 30 feet away.

..it scares you straight don't it?

Its worse when you have a kid. I never used to give a rats ass about dying....but when you have a kid it is all different. You are no longer living for yourself...and the only thing that goes through your mine (my mind anyway), is what is going to happen to my child?

Thank God you are still with us man! Now go out, have fun and appreciate life! :)

Fuck me!!! :eek:

Glad your alright matey... The thought of car accidents scare me to death, one of the reason I haven't learnt to drive yet I think...

Take time and get yourself better, don't rush anything... And try not to go nutty from not playing! :)

I hear you on the let everyone know you love 'em thing, good call :)

Wow fuck me:eek:
Cool to hear that your alright man :)
Considering how many peaple are dead and hurt by car traffic, it`s actually strange it`s even allowed...

Glad you are ok. It sounds like it was really bad. Thank goodness for seatbelts! I've only been in one accident, a long time ago, and I remember it like it just happened. It wasn't nearly as serious as yours, but it made me appreciate things a little more.
Things can change in an instant, we all know it, but sometimes we don't really contemplate things until something happens to remind us!
Good to hear you are ok.:)

dude sounds like u were almost in the jimi, morrison, bonham, rhodes club dude....... u woulda been jammin no worries with the greats....... BUT..... luckily for everyone your still here.... better fun on the guild....!!! :)

And seriously... hope u recover 100%.... youll have to give the big boss in the sky a couple of brews for his intervention even.....lol......!!

Take care....

Oh man! MM, I'm really very sorry that happened to you, but also very happy you weren't too badly injured!

I've also been thinking of you guys, and I figured we'd swap home buying horror stories but not like that one!

I'm glad that you've got the type of personality to put the accident in perspective and concentrate on how precious life really is and realize just how much we all take our next breath for granted.

I'll tell you what... I've been complaining all day about what a pain in the ass this whole house buying thing has been and your story just turned me around. I think I'll shut up now and instead think of it as a great new beginning for my wife and I because really in the end that's what it's all about. I was probably going to go to our closing with a bit of a bad attitude tomorrow, but I think now I'll be going with a great big smile no matter what. :D After all, it really is true that every day is a gift of sorts... even the bad ones.

Well, I am very sincerly glad you're alright man, and I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

What else can I say but SHEEEEEEEEEEIT! Wow man I am stoked that you made it through with minor injuries! We have a night out on the town planned in December and I'd be really pissed if you kicked off on me before then!!!! :):)

Seriously though I'm psyched you or no one in your family got injured. Lucky you were wearing your belt and didn't have anyone with you! I never used to wear mine until I had a tiny little fender bender and hit my head on the back window of my truck. My daughter (4 yrs old at the time) bitched me out for not wearing one. Needless to say I buckle up every time now. I suspect you'll be buckling up, strapping in, and having a roll bar welded into your next truck now, huh!!!!!??

Take care Jim..... see ya!!! (glad to be able to say that!)

wow guys thanks so much!

It's been 5 days since I've sat behind my Kit and it's driving me mad!!! haha

I am feeling much better today though, we gonna try and reherse Sat night.

I would have checked in more but these pain meds they have me on really fuck me up. But I'm gonna stop taking them now, I think I'm out of the woods.

EC.......haning in there Brother, the Bank sucks I know but it'll all be worth it the first night you guys stay in your new place:)

Jim..have no fear man, we're gonna have a blast whe you guys come in Dec, no doubt about it:)

Thanks again guys, you all rock!