I'm doing a speech on Death metal

Well, first of all, you have to say that death metal isn't a fucking party because lately people get confused a lot regarding these things.

This is only going to be a short speech, but it is supposed to an informative speech and shall be. I expect to get an A+, and the prof. has seen my outline already and is suggested that I should bring some music. I am also going to pass around some gory death metal album booklets. I am going to stress the devoted fanbase, the focus on listening and collecting albums and some other shit.

edit: Obviously going to cover some history and all that stuff, and leave no mention of dancing or even moshing. I was unseriously thinking of reciting the lyrics to Possessed's "Death metal" in a monotone, for a laugh.

Yeah seriously, why are people cheering on such a bitch when metal wrath just wanted to share his story?

@metal_wrath I would keep it as academic as possible for the sake of your classmates, the monotone lyrics idea might not be a good one given how stupid death metal lyrics sound out of context. Talking about the fanbase and common misconceptions etc is cool though. Let us know how it goes!

@metal_wrath I would keep it as academic as possible for the sake of your classmates, the monotone lyrics idea might not be a good one given how stupid death metal lyrics sound out of context. Talking about the fanbase and common misconceptions etc is cool though. Let us know how it goes!

The Possessed lyrics I wasn't seriously thinking of doing that, but it would be funny.

I am all for shattering people's misconceptions about stuff like this.

I'm really not sure that thinking of death metal as music that's all about Satan and killing and thinking of death metal fans as drifting losers is actually a misconception.

Unfortunately black metal made it as an elite genre whereas death metal is still the stuff of fat white people who eat fried chicken and work at gas stations

say it isnt for dancing, but definitely mention headbanging and moshing. (even if you dislike the latter, it is a common occurence in any death metal show if the band is decent enough to excite the fans. maybe even circle pits and crowd surfing)

and also
Hints:

• End your speech by throwing the horns and screaming

say it isnt for dancing, but definitely mention headbanging and moshing. (even if you dislike the latter, it is a common occurence in any death metal show if the band is decent enough to excite the fans. maybe even circle pits and crowd surfing)

and also

I performed the speech today, the (female) professor asked me if people dance to this music so I was forced to explain, it is not for dancing.

It went well as I thought it would with minimal awkward pauses and many mentions of the words death, metal, gore, darkness, necrophagia, morbid... I included some quotes including one from the singer of Necrophagia: "Death is fuckin' FUN!!"

j/k it was some quote about gore-drenched lyrics and artwork.

You would have gotten so many internets if you had said "well, you know, death metal isn't a party. People don't really dance to it."

What an idiotic comment.

If you were offended by her comment, then why do you have that pic in your signature? Oh and please change your avatar, I had that for years and now everytime I scroll down I keep thinking it's my posts...thanks