I'm going to see Attack Attack on March 28th

Wow... so many angry people...

Oh, and trust me, it doesn't come down to the "Chicks" bro... Because if it did, then your search is for ratty skanky whoresque girls who go to these Attack Attack etc shows... I know this because my area is flooded with them... Atleast the chicks into metal are down to earth and not fucking socially retarded... True story!

They may be hot boys, but they probably are underage and have the herps ;)

Honestly, you're dead wrong - the people posting in this thread loathe the band and want you to make fun of/beat the shit out of the band/scene kids.

I get your original post, now, but the way this thread has turned is far from "can enjoy the music but make fun of it, too" nature it was intended to start with.

Fair play - I was trying to clarify my reason for starting the thread, but I agree that some here have taken it too seriously.

Really though, is there an issue with beating the bad out of these guys? Maybe then they can man up and play some manowar...

See I bagged BOTH sides ;)

I hate these petty arguments though... I mean, they are fucking popcore, let them market to their niche and shut up, I hate so many bands, this is just another one... But if no one on here kept starting threads about them, I wouldn't give a shit less or ever mention them! Too busy with my own band and actually getting off this forum often enough to make my OWN dream come true to worry about a bunch of pansy boys in tight jeans attempting the brootz who are this months flavour...

If all the 'real' metalheads feel so offended by these bands, just remember, 25+ years on, people still love megadeth/ slayer and the lot... and no one will remember the flavour of the month bands. So sit back, relax and try to make your own bit of history. If you aren't doing that, then move it along *sunglasses smiley*

the chicks into metal are depressed, obsessed with "dark" things, and fat.... True story!

yep. Seems about right.

edit: You don't think my generation is going to remember august burns red? I GUARANTEE you that people my age will remember and still listen to abr 10 years from now. Just like People your age still listen to megadeth now. I'm sure the people listening to deep purple thought slayer was trash and said the same thing.

edit edit: and the old thrash scene didn't sound the same? Slayer could have passed for testament who sounded like exodus, who had the same sound as metallica, etc. Yes, I love all those bands and megadeth is one of my favorite bands of all time, but back in the thrash days, there wasn't much of a difference between the fast thrash riffs and the breakdowns of today. (exaggerating a bit. I hope I don't get flamed. :) )

yep. Seems about right.

edit: You don't think my generation is going to remember august burns red? I GUARANTEE you that people my age will remember and still listen to abr 10 years from now. Just like People your age still listen to megadeth now. I'm sure the people listening to deep purple thought slayer was trash and said the same thing.

edit edit: and the old thrash scene didn't sound the same? Slayer could have passed for testament who sounded like exodus, who had the same sound as metallica, etc. Yes, I love all those bands and megadeth is one of my favorite bands of all time, but back in the thrash days, there wasn't much of a difference between the fast thrash riffs and the breakdowns of today. (exaggerating a bit. I hope I don't get flamed. :) )

So are we talking full on stereotypes then... Woman and bands of course?
I'm saying that attack attack, and some bands like them, like a LOT of metal bands too... bring nothing new or memorable to the table. if anything, AA will be remembered for being that shit/ or first crabcore bands or whatever.

i don't honestly believe anyone here things AA are fucking groundbreaking even a little!

Oh... and I may be the odd one out then but here's the metal missus ;)

l_b46942f78d5f401e86b58c5dcd492a60.jpg

Pirates rule btw :)

AA is most definitely not groundbreaking. lol. Wasn't really what I meant.

But to compare apples to apples, the similarities of the thrash era are apparent to the "metalcore" era of today. There were a number of thrash bands back in the 80s I'm sure (strictly assuming, I was born in 89, don't remember. lol). They inspired you guys, I'm sure. Well, now musicians my age have a group of bands that they can relate to. Sure my argument has just as many differences as similarities and may not hold weight, but in an incredibly generic view, I think the similarities between your metal and our metal are similar. Its just as valid as some of the 50 something crowd hating on you guys listening to Megadeth.

and your girl is cute, but every metal chick I have ever come across is absolutely fucked in the head. Sure its a stereotype, but the girls that are into AA are much, much better put together and not so gross. Again, stereotyping is absolutely foolish, so that argument can only go so far. lol

AA is most definitely not groundbreaking. lol. Wasn't really what I meant.

But to compare apples to apples, the similarities of the thrash era are apparent to the "metalcore" era of today. There were a number of thrash bands back in the 80s I'm sure (strictly assuming, I was born in 89, don't remember. lol). They inspired you guys, I'm sure. Well, now musicians my age have a group of bands that they can relate to. Sure my argument has just as many differences as similarities and may not hold weight, but in an incredibly generic view, I think the similarities between your metal and our metal are similar. Its just as valid as some of the 50 something crowd hating on you guys listening to Megadeth.

and your girl is cute, but every metal chick I have ever come across is absolutely fucked in the head. Sure its a stereotype, but the girls that are into AA are much, much better put together and not so gross. Again, stereotyping is absolutely foolish, so that argument can only go so far. lol

I was born in 89 too man hehe!

But i see your arguments, and to be honest.. we are essentially fighting the same issue, just sitting in different corners you know?

Sadly, music is music, live and let live doesn't work because everyone gets too anal and protective of their music!

I play in a Melodeath band, but I listen and enjoy heaps of shit man. I listen from Lady Gaga to Kilswitch comfortably and my guitarist cringes to say the least when I mention this. I thing it's sad. Cause if anything is going to kill the music we hold so dear and near, it's the fucking elite attitude on everyones behalf... No ones music is any better or worse!

The only issue is, right now, the entertainment industry guys are exploiting the metalcore- popcore thing, so even the shitter less useful unoriginal bands are being shoved down our throats... it was nu metal before that, grunge before that, and yeah, even 80's metal before that.

There's a reason some bands last 20+ years. They are great at what they do and evolved with time. Not changed their style, but grew up. This applies to all genres. And as I said, it's just that right now, that popcore stuff is the new black, and because of that, it's hard for the awesome bands to sustain what they do to preserve the quality because we are inundated with a lot of garbage.

I think that's a fair enough call right?

^^^ In case you're going to see Attack Attack!

I'll admit, he scares the shit out of me, he could lose an eye lol! Is his snare not sitting right?? I'm curious to the constant touching of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not I actually had a lot of fun at this show. I danced and sang with the scene kids and it was great. AA's live sound was fantastic. They played Dual Recs into Mesa OS cabs, Shine drums (overpriced, but quality for sure) and what looked to be a Fender p bass into some kind of Ampeg. I was also impressed by the rhythm guitar player's clean vocals; he didn't use autotune and seemed to be on pitch throughout the whole show.

I was also really really impressed by the band "I See Stars". Their vocalist was fucking excellent (clean singing) and they had really good/catchy songs. Musically they had more going for them than AA.
http://www.myspace.com/iseestars

And here's me looking busted as fuck (in my black v-neck :lol:) after the show.
PUWQy.jpg

:headbang: