I'm in a band that's just starting out, any tips?

BrokenxXxWings

New Metal Member
Jul 20, 2008
north dakota
www.myspace.com
a discription of my band:
Violent Abyss

i am a singer for the band called Violent abyss... we are just starting out, still looking for a drummer... we aren't even all that serious yet. we do have a myspace, which would be posted on my profile. On our myspace we have a vocal demo of me (without vocal lessons) and a guitar part and a cover of iron man.
our band is still missing a drummer but our band consists uf

lead singer
lead guitar
rhythm guitar
bass guitar
keyboard

and all of the members sing if needed, why not give everyone an opertunity? (unless they can't sing).

so some ideas my band as a whole has thrown on the table is kinda putting a classical style in with our music since my voice is classical (and i am a girl by the way) and we all have a lot of musical backround with wind instruments and other stuff like that. we have developed a sound that is extreemly unique as far as the guitar has gone. our guitar player has been playing for two years, but he plays like he has been playing his entire life.
everyone in our band has their own influences, mine as a singer would be Tarja and Amy-lee even though their voices aren't very similar. my vocals, i can't speak much for, i have talent, natural talent, but even talent can improve. if you want a sample of lyrics just ask.

we haven't even been a band for a year, so i think it is going alright. we just don't know any drummers that like our style.