Apr 28, 2002
Dayton, Ohio, USA
www.amazon.com
stuff like...
At the gates - Into a dead sky
At the gates - and the world returned
DT - The Mind's Eye
Suidakra - Seneranade to a dream
and the instrumental part in Agalloch - As Embers dress the sky ..I am in musical bliss when i listen to that.
I know there are a lot more songs like this, cant think of anymore at the moment. What little acoustic goodies do you enjoy? Opeth doesnt really need to be mentioned.

Also, what are some good LEFAY or MORGANA LEFAY (same band right?) songs?

Ulver's Kveldssanger is fantastic!

also...
Dissection's John Zwetsloot composed 3 classical inspired guitar pieces for the Somberlain album...

crimson towers
into infinite obscurity
and
feather's fell

cheers

It´s Kveldssanger. That thing that looks like either a J or a F is a S and nothing else. Strangely enough they use one ordinary S and this strange looking thing in the title, but still it´s Kveldssanger and nothing else. Anyhow, it´s an amazing album and has some of the best acoustics ever. The three above mentioned Dissection tracks are also wonderful. But the best one has to be Desolate Ways on Morbid Angels "Blessed Are The Sick". It´s so beautiful.

Morgana Lefay and Lefay is not the same band. Morgana Lefay split a couple of years ago and some of the members then created Lefay.

I would have recommended "Kveldsanger" also... And Agalloch have some beatiful and melancholic acoustic parts/songs, "Haunting Birds" from their EP is one of the best I know... And Saturnus' "The fall of Nakkiel (Nakkiel has fallen)"... What a masterpiece!!

Wow thanks everyone, i'll see if i can find these on IRC...
TheLedTool: yes, that Don Ross song is good too.

I have the title track from ulver's kveldssanger, it's good, but the vocals are REALLY annoying. :(