I'm Old

Momo

Mongoloid Elitist
Jan 24, 2005
Long Island N.Y
gikemo.homestead.com
I need some guidance from you young whipper snappers out there, I am never afraid to ask questions. So here Goes what's the definition of NU Metal ? Is that where you hear some decent crunchy riffs followed by a guy with who's singing in melody or like opera. Personally I like Crunchy Riffs followed by a vocalist who sounds like a hot poker was shoved down his throat. I like brutal but audible vocals. So if ya can pass me the info on this NU metal thing I would be much obliged.

yog.gif

Best Regards,

Momo

I think all this new shit sounds like Hatebreed mixed with Iron Maiden. With some dude crying about losing his girlfreind.

NU-metal is shit like
Linkin Park
Korn
Limp Dickshit
Crazy Town
Hed P.E
and any other shitty band that plays 3 chords and raps about their white angst and how shitty it is living in the burbs.

gaschamber said:
nu metal is dead, metalcore is in...i dont know whats worse.

Well, who do you consider metalcore? Wasn't SOD really the beginning of metalcore...combining elements of heavy metal and hardcore punk?

It's all so confusing with these ridiculous deliniations...metalcore, grindcore, black metal, death metal, black metal, thrash metal, power metal, speed metal, nu metal...what the fuck? Most of it sucks anyway...who cares as long as it's good, kick ass music.

What the hell is grindcore anyway?

reidie said:
isnt shadows fall metalcore?

That's metalcore? I thought they were just the new American heavy metal...I don't hear any elements of hardcore in their music...they're a mix...a little NWOBHM, a little death growl. I don't think that's considered metalcore, but what the hell do I know. I'm not crazy about their albums, but they kicked ass live.

schenkadere said:
Well, who do you consider metalcore? Wasn't SOD really the beginning of metalcore...combining elements of heavy metal and hardcore punk?

It's all so confusing with these ridiculous deliniations...metalcore, grindcore, black metal, death metal, black metal, thrash metal, power metal, speed metal, nu metal...what the fuck? Most of it sucks anyway...who cares as long as it's good, kick ass music.

What the hell is grindcore anyway?

grindcore is nasum/ agorophobic nosebleed, not a big fan of grindcore, but nasum kicks ass.

im sure everyone here knows the difference between "crossover" and "metalcore". they have the same elements (hardcore punk/ metal) but they really are worlds apart in sound. and metalcore sucks.

crossover:
d.r.i
s.o.d.
m.o.d.
suicidal

metalcore:
as i lay dying
atreyu
all that remains
while i was crying with my broken nose because im a pussy faggot that is in touch with my feminine side. album name: "i wear girl pants"

HUGE difference in style.

Fuck labels. Fuck metal, punk, hardcore, emo, rap and every other title out there. This is now how it works in my world. Its either cool or shit.. No in between..
For example
COOL. Johnny Cash, Willy Nelson, S.O.D, Cro Mags, Chuck Berry, Elvis, D.R.I, Slayer, Bad religion, DKM
SHIT. Anything on Mtv, KROQ, EMO, The Village people, Kmfdm, the new NIN.

prime666 said:
Fuck labels. Fuck metal, punk, hardcore, emo, rap and every other title out there. This is now how it works in my world. Its either cool or shit.. No in between..

Exactly...cool or shit...

gaschamber said:
grindcore is nasum/ agorophobic nosebleed, not a big fan of grindcore, but nasum kicks ass.

im sure everyone here knows the difference between "crossover" and "metalcore". they have the same elements (hardcore punk/ metal) but they really are worlds apart in sound. and metalcore sucks.

crossover:
d.r.i
s.o.d.
m.o.d.
suicidal

metalcore:
as i lay dying
atreyu
all that remains
while i was crying with my broken nose because im a pussy faggot that is in touch with my feminine side. album name: "i wear girl pants"

HUGE difference in style.

I always refer to that shit as Screamo...like emo, but harder and just as gay...I'm not sure where you get your classifications. Check this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalcore

schenkadere said:
I always refer to that shit as Screamo...like emo, but harder and just as gay...I'm not sure where you get your classifications. Check this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalcore

maybe it is screamo, i dont know, i dont really care. im not a fan of the genre.

d.r.i./m.o.d./suicidal---those are crossover, along with pro-pain, crumbsuckers, carnivore (at least retaliation is).

gaschamber said:
i dont know why it is "grind", all i know is what it sounds like. the only way i can describe it is really abrasive death metal, with more screaming, more blast beats, less rhythm, sometimes really technical, sometimes not at all and really raw.

anal cunt-pretty much untalented, untechnical grind.

http://www.answers.com/grindcore

Grindcore is an extreme form of Heavy Metal related to Death Metal, but historically formed by combining elements of early Thrash Metal (which predated the advent of Death Metal) and Hardcore Punk.

Historical roots and influences

The genre was pioneered during the early 1980s in the United States by proto-grindcore and hardcore punk bands such as Siege, DRI, and Repulsion; and in the United Kingdom by bands such as Sore Throat and Napalm Death.

Many of the early bands, such as Napalm Death, DRI, and Siege were seen by their contemporaries as part of the anarcho-punk and hardcore punk scenes. As many anarcho-punk and peace punk bands in England and hardcore in the United States had already incorporated elements of heavy metal into their music.

Many of these early bands were, and still are, obscure. For instance, the hardcore punk band Siege only released a DIY demo entitled Drop Dead, and Repulsion was posthumously exposed to the world in 1989 through the album Horrified which was released in Europe by Necrosis Records, a label owned by members of Carcass.

Many consider the first true grindcore band to be British band Napalm Death. The genre was given its name by Napalm Death's drummer Mick Harris. Since then, the grind sound has evolved but is still recognisable for its intense blast-beat drumming, grinding guitars (hence the name), brutal grunted vocals, and very short songs (the Napalm Death song "You Suffer" is listed as the shortest song ever by the Guinness Book of Records, clocking in at fractionally over 1 second long; however, others such as the Cripple Bastards on their demo 94 Flashback di Massacro, and Agoraphobic Nosebleed on their 3" cd/10" lp Altered States of America have taken this aesthetic to even greater extremes). American grindcore band Anal Cunt, a project of Seth Putnam, has recorded an EP called 5643 Song EP which, amazingly, contains 5643 songs in less than 15 minutes.......

Interesting....