i'm posting from Toronto

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
Hi guys, Canada is awesome, I don't know where to begin! I guess though, for a completely accurate picture, check out that BJ Snowden song on the Songs in the Key of Z album. Anyway so I just looked BJ Snowden up on google and it turns out she's 1) female and 2) from Boston and performs in town all the time?????

Alex, today we just checked out the Bodies exhibit in Toronto (here it's called Body Worlds) and it's pretty different than the one in NYC - there's different stuff and the whole atmosphere is much more artistic and irreverent. Also there's no weird disclaimer about the human reproduction/fetuses/embryos portion of the exhibit, which is an interesting social commentary if anything.

hey! it's put on by different people, eh? and it's MORE artistic than that circulatory system room with the creepy lighting and setup? that's awesome. we're bringing my kids there (NYC exhibit, not, uh, Toronto) as part of a science field trip in march and I seriously think some will not make it through!

FuSoYa said:
Hi guys, Canada is awesome, I don't know where to begin! I guess though, for a completely accurate picture, check out that BJ Snowden song on the Songs in the Key of Z album. Anyway so I just looked BJ Snowden up on google and it turns out she's 1) female and 2) from Boston and performs in town all the time?????

Alex, today we just checked out the Bodies exhibit in Toronto (here it's called Body Worlds) and it's pretty different than the one in NYC - there's different stuff and the whole atmosphere is much more artistic and irreverent. Also there's no weird disclaimer about the human reproduction/fetuses/embryos portion of the exhibit, which is an interesting social commentary if anything.

Is this the Amazing Bodies... or ... shit I forget the name... I have a book from it a professor of mine let me borrow... looked really awesome.

yeah, and sidekick was what i wanted for my Very First Cell Phone when i moved here in august, but then i spent like $8,000 moving and was unemployed and was like "okay $25 verizon flip phone it is".

At my last job they had Treos and Blackberries and I liked the Blackberry a lot more to do email. I have never used it to surf the net though. To me BB's interface is so much faster and easier to use than the Treo once you are used to it.

8000$ to move? Holy shit! That's a lot of money. That's half the down payment I'll probably put on a condo....

apartment = $1600/month, two months needed incl deposit = $3200
finder's fee = 15% of one year's rent, about $2800
moving costs, living expenses while unemployed, etc. ~$1000
my half of September's rent since I was still unemployed = $800
summer rent in Boston while moving & unemployed = $535

so yeah, about 8k.

the pages are slow loading, but still...
DSCN0622.jpg

Last night's show was awesome, although the setting was far from ideal... Toby and Mia were preceded by a very pedestrian pub-rock band, not avant-garde in the slightest (the venue was called the Avant-Garde bar, so I was expecting as much from the performers). Most of the crowd was yacking away throughout, but the few people seated in front of the stage (including moi) were quite entranced. Great stuff!

And this occasion allowed me to discover one of Ottawa's most strikingly original bars, owned by a Russian family and decorated wall-to-wall with Soviet propaganda posters and paraphernalia. The waitress sounded exactly (and looked kinda) like Nico, except Russian! I'll definitely be going back there.

Have fun in Montreal guys!

<3 my sidekick
they called it 'the universe within' in san francisco. and i noticed there was about 2343829 more things there than the one in NYC which was silly in comparison.

I saw Toby and Mia play on Valentines day in the dingy, unfinished basement of the Sonic Unyon record store in Hamilton, Ontario. It was great! The crowd was made up of the other bands, the other bands' friends, and me and Sarah (and I think I saw the drummer from Mare too). I Have Eaten the City was fantastic! Their drummer looked more than a little like Rasputin. Toby and Mia's set was great, very moody and ... er ... ponderous? Anyway, I'm glad there weren't people talking over the set; you could've heard a pin drop. I think the most noise from the crowd was when I unscrewed the top of my Coke bottle.