I'm seeing Fantomas, Merzbow, Peter Murphy, Dj Spooky and Enslaved tommorow.

Helm

Maybe on Luna
Mar 30, 2002
www.suctionfunnel.com
Mainly going for Peter Murphy. Fantomas will be playing with T.Bozzio so that's awesome. Don't know what to expect from Merzbow as I find his studio work inconsistent, and Enslaved I have no idea what they're doing on this bill, but hey, they've put out some good albums so ok. Downside that I'll be paying 38 Euro.

Seen any of these bands?

hate.jpg

Seen Fantomas this winter, was very good. With Bozzio could be even more awesome. For Merzbow, get yourself hear plugs and stand close to a speaker, that should get you an interesting experience. Not seen Enslaved or DJ Spooky...

After than is Beneath the Lights and Isa, right? I listened to all their albums and I think I like the last two more than anything else they've done.

Oh haha well due to low ticket sales the lineup splits to

Today: Peter Murphy and Dj Spooky
Tommorow: Merzbow Vs Stephen O'Malley, Acid Mothers Temple

15 euro each. I'm going today, probably not gonna go tommorow as anything with Stephen O'Malley in it really doesn't concern me after that Sunn live.

Hi I just got back from the Roskilde fest in Denmark.

Umm..Fantomas is like one billion times better with Bozzio playing. He makes all those sick unison lines they play about a billion times sicker with his overtly large drumset and not to mention the fact that he's so much of a better player in general than Lombardo.

I saw Maldoror which is Patton and one dude from Merzbow which was pretty killer. Also saw Patton and Rahzel and I didn't see Patton/Kaada but my friend siad it was sweet as hell.

Sunn0))) played and the best thing about it was watching the festival crowd waiting 25 minutes for the song to begin and realizing finally that this was the song.

What else stands out in my head....let's see

The Dreseden Dolls were a great show, amazing performance, I got goosebumps a couple times. Chick has mad hairy pits though.

I saw snoop dogg and then I saw a real hip hop show. The Perceptionists killed it with over a half an hour of free styles at the end of their set. Mr. Lif is so much better live than on his records.

Mastadon killed as expected as did Isis..Black Sabbath was embarassing and I left after three songs so that I wouldn't tarnish any further the love I have for black sabbath as it was.

Audioslave was alright but Chris Cornell was kinda spotty. Velvet Revolver was drunk and crappy, even the gnr and stp songs sounded like shit. Green Day and Fo Fighters were awesome fun when intoxicated.

Four Tet and Khonnor were the best electronic acts. Autechre was pretty dissapointing and uneventful.

Efterklang was really great, Kayo Dot fans might dig them.

13 & God were really awesome and as a result of one of the most historically monumental hangovers ever recorded, I missed Bloc Party, Bright Eyes, Interpol, ...and you will know us...and the plentitude of hitting on drunking scenster chicks which accompanies such bands.

Also the night before the fest whilst drank rakija with the guys from Raunchy and I fell in the bathroom and busted my eye open, but on the up side, it has left me a very heavy metal scar, so I got that going for me...which is nice.

pics to come.
also,

sup sluts

Fantomas cancelled, Merzbow cancelled, Enslaved cancelled and the rest of the bill was moved to a shitty little club called BIOS in which I was unable to get due to all the goth people in greece making the pilgrimage to see peter murphy. I was told Peter Murphy was a big dissapointment, so ok. Instead we blasted some tunes in a friend's folkswagen and discussed comics over gyros and beers. Whoever recommended 16 horsepower in here was right, they're fantastic.

That would have been The Dope, he is the only aficionado I've ever met, I will convey your gratitude as he is without internet access out on the farm.