I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel... (Guitar tones with impulses/LePou)

aaronglass

Wanna-Be Sound Engineer
Apr 14, 2011
www.monument-studios.com
So this is a thread so I can express my satisfaction. This may sound weird, but as a wanna-be recording artist and engineer, I've been running around in circles trying to figure out just what made my guitars sound so bad once recorded direct input, minus the fact that they're well... direct input. I had the fancy computer, the monitors, the saffire pro 40 audio interface, and.. pod farm. Hey, pod farm's cool right because that's what Joey Sturgis and every other genericore producer uses right? Well. In my case, I learnt that was wrong.

Just today I pieced together what "impulses" were, how they worked and just how easy they really are to use. I also managed to grab LePou's free amp sims, which I always doubted because I mean, hey they're free how good could they be? The answer is amazing.

After conversing with forum members and annoying the piss out of people for asking so many questions, I finally got to tweaking the Le456 (I believe it's called) and mixed that in with some of Catharsis' impulses.

The result was well.. damn. Damn damn damn good.

So this is a thanks to LePou and Catharsis, thanks for helping out new guys like me produce amazing sounding mixes even though I'm still in college just learning about all of this.

I can't wait to show my audio class tomorrow, the hard core guitarists will be thrilled. Plus, it's free!

/end orgasm.

:)