I'm still here!

dreamwatch

Syntax error
Still getting used to this place - and I have to fight to the death for computer access so I'm not online as much as when I was home.

Apart from which I have been far too engrossed with Big Brother to be playing about on the internet - there has been some serious TV watching going on here!! YAY Benny!! :D

Getting a little frustrated with the job hunting though. Not having much luck .:( Poms don't seem to be wanted . . . *sniff* . . . :cry:

Glad to see you're still here, Bev, but why would a woman of your undoubted taste and finesse waste her time watching Big Brother?

Down with so-called reality TV! I for one am very pleased with the long overdue return of Seinfeld :).

W

Originally posted by Wrathchild
Glad to see you're still here, Bev, but why would a woman of your undoubted taste and finesse waste her time watching Big Brother?

Down with so-called reality TV! I for one am very pleased with the long overdue return of Seinfeld :).

W

Bah - if there's one thing that annoys me, it's people who are non-conformist just for the sake of it! :)

I used to be like that, but I found life to be much more fun (and less stressful) if I didn't deviate from the norm.

a woman of your undoubted taste and finesse

Have we met yet? Its just, you seem to know me so well. :D

Crossy - I know what you mean. Even the crappiest jobs want experience, give me a break. My hands are tied by the fact they require to see my visa before I start work, and that shows them in black and white tha Im not eligible to work for one employer for more than 3 months at a time. :(

Hey Moony!!! How are ya? :)

Originally posted by Moon Child
Hey Dreamy! Did you knock Spiff off to use his computer or something? ;)

Yes she did, but rest assured that I asserted myself (after watching TV for a while) and I have reclaimed my throne. KNEEL before Zod!

OK, no idea where that Superman II reference came from :)

In the wise words of Neil Peart, Spiff, "everybody got to elevate from the norm."

I like being non-conformist, it saves me a fortune and it suits my self-cast role of l'etranger. I've lost count of the number of conversations I've been involved in that have started off with "Oh my god, I can't believe you don't (insert mindless socially acceptable pastime here)".

Just out of curiosity, did you watch BB because you genuinely enjoyed it, or because of the non-stop advertising Channel 10 lavished upon it? Either way, you've redeemed yourself by quoting Superman II. There's hope for you yet :).

W

Just a touch Wrath ;)

But in all honesty I am non-conformist in a lot of ways, not because I want to be, or because I'm making a statement, it's just the way I am. (Please note: I'm not suggesting that other non-conformists are non-conforming just because it's cool).

I didn't watch Big Brother because it was shit, not because I was making a statement about the marketing.

In the wise words of Neil Peart, Spiff, "everybody got to elevate from the norm."

I'm sure it's "Deviate from the norm," actually - which song is that from? I can't remember off the top of my head - I thought it was from Limelight, but just had a wee look at the lyrics and couldn't see it anywhere. I'm sure I'll work it out soon enough :)

Also posted by Wrathchild
Just out of curiosity, did you watch BB because you genuinely enjoyed it, or because of the non-stop advertising Channel 10 lavished upon it? Either way, you've redeemed yourself by quoting Superman II. There's hope for you yet :).
W

I wasn't too impressed with the first episode of BB as it was mainly because it was the one where they introduced everyone person-by-person and was rather boring. I ended up watching it the night to see what an actual episode was like and ended up getting hooked. I missed most of the non-stop advertising because I don't watch much free-to-air TV at all apart from The Panel and the footy.

Superman II is a brilliant movie, and I think the big fight between Superman and the three baddies is one of the greatest scenes of all time.

Just remembered where the line was from - "Vital Signs"! And Geddy sings both "elevate" and "deviate", so we're both right :)

Well, I watched BB basically because I was new to the household and didnt have any say in what was on TV. ;) But, like the others, I became hooked. :( I was also interested to see if it was anything like the UK one last year. To be fair, I didnt really watch that, but I remember there being a right couple of shits in it and wanted to see what this mob were like. I'd have to say your mob were generally more likeable (with about 10 exceptions :p), but the good ones made up for the bad. :)

Am I non-conformist? Erm . . . I'm an antisocial, miserable bitch who enjoys slagging off people I've never met (that includes all the annoying people who have the audacity to leave their homes at the same time I do, thus causing them to get under my feet when I'm walking down the Queen Street Mall!!!!:mad: ), and I like to fuck with tradition on occasion. But I'm not sure if that makes me non-conformist or not. :confused: :D