I'm tired...

CRSCHKUM

BAND MOM
May 28, 2006
Downey, CA
Of all this crap that is going on with the girls on here. Some of you are taking it way to personal, like it is your band or family member that is doing this to you. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do in life and where their life is going. Yes, I will be the first to say that the band will be different with a new singer and guitarist, but it is part of life and growing process. But there will be a BAND!! I have come to know these women and they are a very strong bunch of ladies, that will succeed at anything they do. So for now BACK OFF people. Let things settle and life will be just fine. Lets just give them each the support to keep going whichever direction this band will go. I will be the first in line for any all concerts be it the Maidens or any other named band, I'm there to support my girls!!!! :headbang:

Of all this crap that is going on with the girls on here. Some of you are taking it way to personal, like it is your band or family member that is doing this to you. Everyone has their own reasons for what they do in life and where their life is going. Yes, I will be the first to say that the band will be different with a new singer and guitarist, but it is part of life and growing process. But there will be a BAND!! I have come to know these women and they are a very strong bunch of ladies, that will succeed at anything they do. So for now BACK OFF people. Let things settle and life will be just fine. Lets just give them each the support to keep going whichever direction this band will go. I will be the first in line for any all concerts be it the Maidens or now I'm there to support my girls!!!! :headbang:

Totally agree with everything you said-some people take it way too seriously.

Boy...

I put a lot of effort into some of those posts kinda `defending' the girls and now they're gone?:erk:

They probably didn't even get a chance to read them and now they'll never know I have a heart of gold!!:loco:

This is almost like when I was on the Gibson forum a year or so ago and made reference to the fact that anyone looking for a new Les Paul Custom should really take a look at a Heritage H-157. Less money and made better. Made by the `original' Gibson team in Michigan. And for that I got banned.... I did it more politically than the above, but I would still urge anyone that wants a Les Paul to look into a Heritage instead... :)

Oh well...

Linda, Sara, Deb and Wanda I love you guys even if there is no proof left anymore...:worship:

Speaking of a heart of gold... Who else has one?

Another venture...

Jason Becker's birthday is coming up on the 22nd of this month. He'll be 39. Many of you might already know him, or know of his tragedy. I don't need to mention it here but google can tell you how he's struggled with ALS and it's a miracle that he's been stable for a very long time! My heart goes out to him.. An extreme talent. And really considering the situation still an extreme talent.

Here's his MySpace..
http://www.myspace.com/jasonelibecker

Here's his address:

Jason Becker
P.O. Box 70513
Point Richmond, CA. 94807
USA

Send him a wonderful birthday card, and maybe slip a $5 or $10 in there.

I know he's getting something pretty Kick @ass from me from Iraq!!! :headbang: I'll tell him about my new secret chord-progression for an acoustic version of Ozzy's N.I.B that I hacked out on my $70 Rogue acoustic guitar out here! Plus other more important things...

The greatest friends in the world are the ones you didn't even know you had....

All of us are complaining about things that aren't so terribly important in the whole scheme of things... Imagine how wonderful you're going to feel by focusing your energy on Jason's birthday card!!!

And no.. I'm not `Jason' - I just love the guy!!! :)

Cheers from the middle east!!!! :kickass:

Can I just say as much as everyone else is gutted by this news, we should think of how upset the rest of the band are. They are overseas in a dangerous country. On their minds is the fact that they have to deal with this when they get home. It is not fair for them to come home and find a bunch of bickering on the boards. They need your support right now. Please give it to them. Wait and see what they come up with as a solution. You may be pleasantly surprised - we just need to give them time to sort it all out. Thank you.

Nothing but love and admiration to every member of the Iron Maidens family.
Thank you for bringing your fans so many great performances over the past five years, and many more to come.

That is why I decided to stop being quiet about those threads I was tired of it and the ladies DID NOT DESERVE IT!! They will be a phoenix and rise from the ashes :) I have faith!

Hey Duane!
No worries, your post "IMs at Camp Victory, Iraq" is full of love!

Jason Becker!? I haven't heard that name in along time! He and Marty Friedman together - holy shit! Linda once jammed with Marty in our parents garage - another holy shit!!! Loved Jasons work with DLR as well! Very cool of you, Duane.

All I was saying is that the new band may be just as good but the style or the way its done will be totally different without Aja. In no way did I mean the other musicians aren't worthy or can't pull off a good band without her. Just that Aja made the band the STYLE it became. To be honest, for me personally, Aja was the main motivator for me to attend the shows, but I always knew the rest of the band was excellent.
Sorry if you misunderstand me or just don't get what I'm saying.

I think people for get the Maidens are just a tribute band.So this is being taken way too seriously.yeah I'll miss seeing Aja as much as the rest of you.She had a certain domineering presence and was great at what she did.But they are an IRON MAIDEN tribute band!

If they were an original band that was very established with the line up and direction they were in, I could understand all this.It's something that happens with some tribute bands that some fans get so in to the band, they forget it's a celebration of the great original band that they're emulating.

A perfect example is AC/DShe.They've had a revolving door of members also, but also those girls get a little freaked out that they have fans that are totally in to THEM as a band.they always remind people they do what they do because they love AC/DC.They don't want to be rock stars,they want to pay tribute to the great music of they're favorite band AC/DC and play AC/DC music for AC/DC fans.So they always tell people that you'd better be coming to see them play because you share their love for AC/DC.

So it should be the same with the Maidens.They'll get a couple new kick ass girls who love Iron Maiden to play for the Iron Maiden fans.As long as I've known Linda through the various incarnations of Phantom Blue, she's always had a knack for finding very talented hot metal ladies that could shred so I'm looking forward to seeing more new faces in the Maidens and remember you're hear to celebrate your love of Iron Maiden with the Maidens!:headbang:

I dunno what happened, Been kinda busy myself this weekend.

Anyway, its also important to remember that the fans need somewhere to get it off their chest also. If the fans feel it, its important for the band to know. After all the two are intertwinned.

Bickering is one thing, and I know a few people commented on a certain members reaction, but fans need to be able to vent their feelings. The fact that the maidens do come here and regularly post and get to know their fans is a real credit to them. Lets be sensible about what is posted but lets also permit the fans to say what they feel about the news.

Yes the maidens are in a dangerous part of the world, but soon they will be home, yes they need to deal with the aftermath of the news and so do the fans, that is equally important. The situation is only the way it is, because the maidens have not been here to speak with the fans, so its like a wall of silence.....which in the circumstances cannot be helped.

My personal feelings are that the thread should have stayed but posts should have been edited or removed.

Whether we want to pledge support to Aja, Heather or the rest of the ladies or a place to vent our feeling of loss over this news, the ironmaidens forums is the right place to do it. We just need maturity and forethought in our posts.

Hey Duane!
No worries, your post "IMs at Camp Victory, Iraq" is full of love!

Jason Becker!? I haven't heard that name in along time! He and Marty Friedman together - holy shit! Linda once jammed with Marty in our parents garage - another holy shit!!! Loved Jasons work with DLR as well! Very cool of you, Duane.

WOW!

Even the greatest of giants have humble beginnings. Not that Jamming with `Marty' is really a humble beginning though! :loco:

Linda, Linda, Linda... :worship:

Marty... :worship:

Jason... :worship:

Linda is an excellent drummer!

I liked Jason's album Perpetual Burn, and because he was in Cacophony with Marty, I bought 2 of Marty's albums also. Maybe 3. But Marty was a little mild for me at the time, if my memory serves...

Well, time to play Almost Honest! in respect of Megadeth!!!..

Hmm.... E, G-flat, G, A, E! with other cool things sprinkled around!:) Got-it!! :hotjump:

Now... Where's my G-tar!

Although I agree CRSCHCUM ... I'm not sure another thread is the answer.

Among a few dissenting comments, I think most were willing to support Heather and Aja in their decision, and CERTAINLY to support Sara, Linda and Wanda in moving the band forward ... I'm not sure deleting all the good arguements (and bad) is the answer, perhaps selective deletions.

Ultimately, things change. Perhaps is better to dwell on what the future holds, rather than what is lost.

Danny I only agree with you partly in your point about The Iron Maidens being only a cover band.

On the surface they are just a tribute band honoring one of the best bands of all time. But on a deeper level, they did something few tribute bands do. I have only felt this much emotion from one other tribute band and that is Dead Man
s Party the Oingo Boingo Tribute band.

I really feel that up on stage those girls generated an entirely new energy with so much heart, that it transcended the Maiden songs to a different place. Their own place. Very few tribute bands can do this. To me, Aja's voice when she hit it right, was an entirely non-Maiden experience, but something completely different and magical. Her voice was teh part I felt the most emotion from. Sometimes I would just close my eyes and trip out on her voice. It really took you to another place.

It will probably be really nice to hear her sing songs that she wrote herself. I'm looking forward to it.