IMAGIKA Recording New Material

We are going to start the demo process on 7 new songs this weekend. We will track the drums first, then bass, rhythm and lead guitars, and finally last, but not least the vocals. The reason for this demo is mainly for the band to listen to the songs and make adjustments as we see fit. The recording will take place at Steve Rice's home. We will also be filming this weekend's recording sessions and I will have the footage up on the band's site and my space page. Check back for future details!

-Henry

:headbang:

YESYESYESYESYES!!!

I've got a question on the vocals, and I might sound like a little pissant, but are you guys going to keep the same style? Because as much as I love you guys, it was very difficult for me to wrap my ears around the vocals...

I'd also like to point out that the intro "Tongue of Nyx" was quite beautiful. It felt like it was going somewhere, I don't know, but I'm always impressed when I hear it, and wished it to be 10 times as long as it happened to be...

YESYESYESYESYES!!!

I've got a question on the vocals, and I might sound like a little pissant, but are you guys going to keep the same style? Because as much as I love you guys, it was very difficult for me to wrap my ears around the vocals...

I'd also like to point out that the intro "Tongue of Nyx" was quite beautiful. It felt like it was going somewhere, I don't know, but I'm always impressed when I hear it, and wished it to be 10 times as long as it happened to be...

Well from what I've heard so far Norm is Norm, but I'm sure he'll bring a lot of different ideas to the songs, because they're new songs with a new direction. We try not to do the same thing over and over. I don't think we could make the same record again anyway. Glad you liked our shot at new age music..............................maybe I have another music career I should chase after ?!? HA!

Steve

"New age" music? Hehe, I wouldn't burden you guys with a label like that, you guys just plain kick ass, I guess the intro leads to the punishment, served it's purpose. You guys are alright, where's that video someone mentioned?

About the singing, I think it's a matter of production, the vox just stood out so much, I'm sure you guys like to hear feedback ever now and then. I've noticed the changes in the previous two albums, And So It Burns has every gun blazing, when I picked it up, I had to let it rest for a while, a wall of heavy from every angle, so crushing. Devils had the a sophisticated touch, every single track stood out, every song was clear, every instrument was discernable, the whole package added up to an incredibly heavy, melodic masterpiece. I'd say the highlight of that album was the drumming, I hear complaints when people hear drums turned up, but Henry's drumming(God I hope that's his name, can't find any booklets!) is so dynamic! The many "good" drummers some cite I hear speed, pointless double bass, and that gets stale after a while, the drumming on this album shoots from every direction, everything hits with a purpose.

Yeah, anyways, you guys kick ass, kick out another album!

Oh yes, Norm's got a sick set of pipes, listening to Tramontane at the moment, incredible. This band gives the meaning behind the word "power." Power metal is supposed to have POWERFUL fucking vocals, not that wierd pussy crap Europe (not that I'm anti-euro, just every vocalist sounds the same these days...) keeps spitting out. Thanks for keeping metal alive guys, and heavy.

Hey Imp,

I can tell you that my approach on this next album due to the songs written is heavy and melodic. I will be pulling the high end screaming back a bit on this album and getting back to a more thrashy sound. :)

Well...how are the recordings going?

So far, so good...so what. ha ha ha

But seriously, we did the basic tracks to get the drums down that first weekend. Steve's done w/ guitars, I am recording bass starting tomorrow night, and then Norm after that. We have nine songs done at this point, but recorded seven, I believe. Shit, that was a couple of weeks ago now. Can't remember...see what having kids does to the brain? :loco:

:headbang:

:p Holy crap you guys work fast, we gon' to have an album to kick ass to this Friday or next?