Imaginary Sonicscape

Demonspell

cheating the polygraph
Apr 29, 2001
dead between the walls
www.ultimatemetal.com
Holy shit, is this latest work from Sigh a psychotic little bugger of an album...and a fucking incredible one at that. Damn, Century Media has acquired some great bands this year but these Japanese visionaries may prove to be their best coup yet. Corpsecry/Angelfall (available along with Ecstatic Transformation at listen.to/sigh, I'll let them describe the latter)sounds like a demented takeoff on 70s hard rock with death vocals and a symphonic finale, A Sunset Song (available at www.bestofmetal.net) has a fucking mellotron used in an extreme metal context, and Slaughtergarden and Requiem Nostalgia have great creepy synths and sound like the soundtrack to your worst nightmare.

A thousand thanks dude for introducing me to this band!

I've only downloaded a few mp3s from their newest album (sunset, angelfall, and ecstatic) and I love all three of these songs. Sigh are definitely talented. Their music is like a groovy nightmarish rollercoaster ride, very melodic, full of funky sounds, orchestration here and there, screams here and there- funtastic! heh, black metal meets 70's funk?

I NEED to get this album.