Imago Mortis (Brazil)

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Crunch time - "Across the Desert" sytle! Check out their MySpace page. Lots of nice contrasts and a versatile vocalist. Visit their MySpace page for more samples... "The music keeps showing its originality, with and emphasis on the contrasts between doom/sad melodies, traditional heavy riffs and aggressive thrash parts."

http://www.myspace.com/imagomortis

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! I love this band! One of my favorites from Brazil! I was perusing bands from there one day and these guys stood out above the rest, in a big way! They fill the void between power metal and doom metal, which is the direct center on my radar. Can't think of anyone else who does it better!
<3

Great sound. But they aren't exactly prolific. Three albums in 10 years -- and nothing since 2006 -- isn't usually a good sign. Plus, there was (still is?) another band named Imago Mortis, but from Italy.

They've logged onto their MySpace page recently. But their official web site is under construction/offline.

And I definitely hear some Superior (Ulitma Ratio) and Eternity X in there also. Along with the carefully placed death and doom overtones, it's quite a powerful mix. "Sea of Uncertainty", "Me and God", and "Searching for a Touch of Divinity" really got me. :cool:

I stumbled upon these guys browsing YouTube today. Diamond in the rough for me. It's really rare for me these days to find something that strikes me instantly like this stuff. I just ordered "Vida" from CD Inzane, but unfortunately they didn't have "Transcendental" in stock.

love those guys!

their first 2 albums are really good (Images from the Shady Gallery and Vida- the Play of change)... the new one is alright...

They've had a lot of line-up changes, that's why they have so few albums... There are no original members left :lol: