Immortal - HELP!!

Seraph

New Metal Member
Can any of you guys help me? I have a limited edition version of Battles in the North by Immortal. It's not the usual white cover with the guys in the snow! It's got a blue and greenish pastel drawing of a face on the front and has about 5 extra tracks on it.

How rare is this?

Seraph

I bought it from a guy back in '97 who was getting rid of all of his Black Metal stuff because he had recently been "born again" if you take my meaning!! Anyway, any idea what it's worth? I don't want to let it go for a fiver or something stupid like that!

Seraph

I can't tell how much it would be cost at the moment..... I only know that it's damn rare.
And (agree with Dreamlord) I wouldn't "kill it" -at any price- if it was in my hands.....

Originally posted by blakmetalemp
Is it an import or somethin? A really good bootleg?

Nope. It's the original. I only rooted it out of my collection there a while ago. You see, I can't really justify hanging onto it as I'm not a huge Immortal fan. I know if there was someone out there who had some ultra rare In Flames/Dark Tranquillity/Amon Amarth/Dissection cd and wasn't a massive fan I'd be a little pissed. So I'm gonna find out what it's worth and sell to someone who would appreciate more than me.

Seraph

It's a re-release that came out about year after the original came out, as "Battles in the north" was the biggest seller in Black metal the year it came out. I don't know how many copies that were printed, but it's pretty rare. I saw it at Ebay not so long ago and if I remember correctly it went for $41!!!
If you want to sell it I suggest you do it at Ebay as black metal shit often go to extreme levels of pricing there!! I think most black metal collectors check Ebay out and that's why the prices can reach those levels!
I hope that's enough info. If you want more I can see what I can do, as I have a mailorder catalogue from a Danish shop from the time it came out and it has a small ad for it!