Impaled/Disgorge/Blessing The Hogs West Coast/Texas Dates

In an effort to help the scene yet not go to overboard to where this forum becomes a spam fest, how about on the weekends, self promo is allowed (such as this thread). What do you guys think?

MetalAges said:
In an effort to help the scene yet not go to overboard to where this forum becomes a spam fest, how about on the weekends, self promo is allowed (such as this thread). What do you guys think?

technically, I don't think I'm self promoting nor spamming the forum. While my site is the one presenting the tour, the bands invovled are nationally recognized and signed bands, and would constitute as a posting of tour dates like many, many other posts have been made on this forum. As a prime example, you can see in this thread: http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209062, the same exact concept was done, except he was announcing his festival. I would say his is 'cooler', because theyre european bands first time in the US, but it's the same principal.

Anyway, only posting on the weekend's wouldnt really make much sense because the topic itself stays forever..so by monday it's still there.

Dodens Grav said:
I would consider it "self promotion" though.

Yeah, especially when you consider that SMN News runs forums of its own, and the membership is somewhere around 10,000. I'd say relegate shit like this to the Self-Promotion forum. :Smokin:

Well.....I would say that announcements of a tour featuring major metal bands is of interest and is fine at GMD. Announcing your unknown band's local show in a thread of its own isn't necessary, but I don't see an issue with things like this, basically the thread is here whether SMN News posts it or someone here at the forum posts it.

Edit: If every metal tour ever came and announced itself here, and was clogging the forum, I would see it differently, but this is specific, and of interest. People making threads promoting their bands is different.

Not when there's a forum designating self promotion, which includes promoting tours.

Yes they do, you'd know that if you went to Metal-Archives and typed the band's name in the Quick Search...took me all of 4 seconds.

excuse me for starting discussion about one of the bands. i guess ill go take my music conversation to the off topic board. fuckin newbies
~gR~

IMPALED vocalist/bassist Ross Sewage has checked in with the following road report:

“We’ve had a lot of fun, and the fans have seemed to enjoy it… that is until we scooped out their eyeballs with speculum at which point their screams of enjoyment were indistinguishable from their screams of terror. DISGORGE and BLESSING THE HOGS don’t seem to mind the splattered remains, especially since we’ve all enjoyed feasting upon the remains of the dead together. And my Mom came to a show too; she thought it was brilliant and brought along the fava beans…”