Impaled Nazarene

dissin’ the impnaz? :OMG: no! impaled nazarene rules the world. with a fist of iron, even. with a fist of iron lined with rabbit’s fur to give it some sort of additional function as a wilhelm reichian orgone accumulator!

try albums like: ugra–karma, rapture, nihil, and all that you fear. :headbang:

Tol Compt Norz Norz

it pisses me off they have connections to that piece of shit band CoB

Dark Funeral aren't bad. They have over the top lyrics, but that's about it. I'd call them more black/death metal. Impaled Nazarene aren't bad either.

Blinded By Blood said:
Are they worth checking out? if so, what albums?

While giving ImpNaz the nod they deserve for their early role in BM, I gotta say that other than Tol Cormpt Norz Norz, they kind of suck. Their newer stuff sounds like power metal w/black metal vocals. WAY too polished & clean.

Also check out their live split w/Beherit. Most of it is also on Tol COrmpt, but they sound VERY nasty, vile & vicious in a live setting.

Mike

ohiogrinder said:
it pisses me off they have connections to that piece of shit band CoB
i have two friends who indulge in what one of them once described as ‘ultraharsh techniques of conversation’ or, as i refer to it, ‘ultraharshtronics’. when nihil came out, with its CoB–style extravagant leads thrown here and there (solos on an impnaz record???), my friends — cliff & anthony — came out with a routine where they imagined the leads and solos version of impnaz going back in time and playing for fans of tol cormpt norz norz norz–era impnaz. anthony did a passable impersonation of impnaz’s vocalist and cried out: “we’re impaled nazarene!”, to which cliff (playing the fans) ridiculed and mocked him thusly: “yeah right!”, before lambasting him and casting fulminations upon him.