Impending Doom - For the Wicked

Machine tracked vocals and mixed. Everything else was done here.

It was a treat to not worry about vocals. It's usually nearing the end of a project after you're burnt out from guitars and bass and you're recording the most important part of the record. Machine gets great vocal takes so it was a pleasant expirience not having to worry about it.

Machine tracked vocals and mixed. Everything else was done here.

It was a treat to not worry about vocals. It's usually nearing the end of a project after you're burnt out from guitars and bass and you're recording the most important part of the record. Machine gets great vocal takes so it was a pleasant expirience not having to worry about it.

I bet, dude! The vocal performances Machine captures are INSANEE + more importantly, intense and emotive as FUCK.

What was the bass chain you used on this record, Andreas? It's fucking KILLER!

Guitars were either 5150 III or a 6505. Can't remember which one made it.

There were no reamps on machine's end. As far as I know machine doesn't reamp unless its a last resort. He's mixed two records I've tracked and both times told me not to bother sending di's.

I don't think he changed much from what I sent him other than the kick. Snare sounds like what I sent him other than some added ambient samples. Snare is a dunnet titanium with a sample of itself underneath it. Toms don't sound sampled at all. I sort of wish there was a little sample underneath them to fill things out a bit more.

Glad you guys like it! Let me know if you have any questions.

Absolutely fucking love the production on this. Digging the clicky kick a lot. What did you end up using for bass in the final that was sent to Machine? [miked cab or Di?]

We spent awhile on bass tone and ended up with a pretty simple setup..

Rackmount sansamp into a chameleon labs pre eq with a boost and 60hz and a cut at 360.. Into a distressor. The tone just seemed to sit better with the guitars then the amped sounds we were trying at first.

Thanks Eddy! Excited to send you some more stuff sometime soon.. Hope all is well.

Rackmount sansamp into a chameleon labs pre eq with a boost and 60hz and a cut at 360.. Into a distressor. The tone just seemed to sit better with the guitars then the amped sounds we were trying at first.

Thanks Eddy! Excited to send you some more stuff sometime soon.. Hope all is well.

Right on! Thanks for the info. I LOVEEEEE the EQ on our CL7602 for bass, it's fucking KILLER.

=D

Dude!

Aren't those chameleon labs fucking AWESOME?

Little hidden gems. Cheap too.